Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi on top as testing concludes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi on top as testing concludes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Rossi on top as testing concludes

Valentino Rossi has left the final official pre-season test of 2014 leading the way, as the Italian confirmed afterwards that he was feeling much more positive than this time last year. Just dipping inside the 2 minute mark, Rossi completed a 1:59.999 lap on his 13th lap of 41, a time that could only matched but not beaten by Repsol Honda’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 217 days ago (28 February 2014 11:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Oh dear, Rossi is yet again doing well in the tests proving that the first one wasn't a fluke. This really isn't in the script of the orange pantie brigade led by Nostro.  Good job the rest of us didn't believe the s**t they talk.   Perhaps Rossi isn't too old or past it, afterall.

Reply to this Topic
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

Interesting

some interesting results in amongst that little lot, could be leading up to a good season ahead, even though i won't be seeing any of it. :-(

I think as far as Rossi goes, he still has the fight in him & he want's to prove the doubters wrong & prove to himself that he still can win races, maybe he's thinking of hanging up his leathers if he succeeds in doing that this season, i personally would like to see him mixing things up at the front again.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Firebird3

He is old by modern GP standards but he is has more experience and expertise (with bike set up) than anyone else in the paddock, plus he has the skills to ride the bike as it demands to be ridden.

Not everyone skills.

ps, if he is competitive he already said he wants to stay two more years.

Valentino Rossi 'wants another two years'

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I'd be looking at the longer runs rather than one lap time. If a quick lap is going to get everyone spinning, what about a Ducati only 6/100 behind, or the Forward Yam only 1/10 behind?

Interestingly, Rossi didn't do a long run today, all short with one run of 8 laps.

Lorenzo ran twice that on his long run and his lap times on that run were looking better than those of Rossi's 8 lapper. Most of Lorenzo's were in the 2:01 whereas only 3 of Rossi's 8 lapper were in the 2:01. Pedrosa's long run was way ahead. Bradl, Dovi, Bautista and A Espargaro were also running a good proportion of 2:01 on their longer runs.

It's thrown up some interesting results but it's hard to conclude anything from this test other than Lorenzo hates the new tyres.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

My doesn't he look like Jorge there

Just perhaps the Terrapin is finally adapting after all these years of sclerosis.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

clueless rossi? with 9 titles!

Is it not strange that when Rossi ends up down the order a bit he is slated usually by one of the conjoined twins as not even being able to put in a quick lap then when he does he is slated for not doing a long run.

Now I wonder who knows more about how to test a moto gp bike?...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

buelligan272

That would be the SloMo club, on paper, thanks to Keith Codes advise "Don't use the rear brake or you'll crash".

Really?

Note that the experts here will pretend Rossi only adapt now, but obviously, the Ducati being a truck when he was there and the 2013 M1 being impossible to set up for him because it was designed for Lorenzo since mid-2010, would be admitting their level of expertise to resume around flaming topics. Oh yeah, we won't mention his adaptability to the 2014 tyres, track condition and ability for setting up the bike.

K.R on Lorenzo style: 

What would K. Roberts say about it? "“That 250 style can get you on the pole, but when the tires are worn, you are f____d.”".

IT’S ALL KENNY ROBERTS’ FAULT 

Looks like the old man knows more than he is given credit for after all.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I'm struggling to see the word clueless Buell, I can see interestingly, but not clueless.

It does apply to yet another of your aimless comments however.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

LOL! More aimless comments...

Massimo Meregalli: "At the end Valentino was able to make the fastest lap of the day. Jorge continued to have some difficulties, especially because of his riding style."

Some still can't tell reality from fantasy, factory bikes tyres and open bikes tyres, so much for expertise of comments.

Rossi said the Spaniard's style was making it more difficult to achieve a fast lap time on the new rubber.

“The bike is much more difficult to ride with this tyre because there is no grip on the edge and Jorge spends very much time on the edge of the tyre,” he said".

Sepang II MotoGP Test: Rossi tops times with Pedrosa

What would K.R have to say about it? 250 style? Errrrr.

>>>

"For the nine-time world champion this was a great day , which also saw a good race pace, positive signs ahead of the championship, even if the simulation of race was stopped due to a problem with the front tire"

MotoGP news

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

What odds on Rossi winning the title? That would be worth a flutter I think. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices