Skip to content

Discuss This Camier absent as FIM release final MotoGP entry list MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Camier absent as FIM release final MotoGP entry list

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Camier absent as FIM release final MotoGP entry list

Leon Camier’s hopes of becoming a MotoGP rider have been dashed at the eleventh hour, as rumours of sponsorship problems keeping him from taking his Ioda Racing Aprilia seat have come true, with the Brit disappearing from the final entry list released today by the FIM. His teammate-to-be Danilo Petrucci remains, but Camier, who has missed both Sepang tests, has disappeared...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 206 days ago (28 February 2014 15:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gixerguy25

Feb 14

Gixerguy25 says:

BSB move??

the guy should have come back to BSB, after being out of WSB for most of last year due to injury, why did he decide to make the move to MotoGP??

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

well what did he

expect to achieve in moto gp anyway it's nothing more than a diluded ego trip,why should someone sponsor his world tour jolly,get back to bsb and prove himself again it will be an eye opener and a confidence boost if he's successful ,to many bsb riders in wsbk already not world championship winning class pointless moving up a grade

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

maybe it was his only offer we don't know

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Jesus have you guys been sucking on a lemon?? he should have ridden WSB for suzuki did the end of year test and then got screwed over,you don't look for a job when you have one and the next thing you know Laverty has the job and he's whistling Dixxy!!! and all the decent rides have gone.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Jesus have you guys been sucking on a lemon?? he should have ridden WSB for suzuki did the end of year test and then got screwed over,you don't look for a job when you have one and the next thing you know Laverty has the job and he's whistling Dixxy!!! and all the decent rides have gone.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Leon Camier...

Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'm not his number 1 fan..

..but you have to feel sorry for the guy, particularly after all the shenanigans regarding the Suzuki ride - it's a heartless game that's for sure.

I have to agree with Stig though, the GP seat was seemingly a ride to knowhere and a decent ride in BSB would serve him better..

..fingers crossed he get's something sorted out for this season.. 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR

I agree a top BSB ride would have been better but the glamour and glitz of MotoGP is a big pull .. after all Eric Clapton would rather play the O2 than his local village hall eh ?  

Being a professional bike racer is a cut-throat business and it alway seems to be the Brits who can't get decent sponsorship.    I remember 20 years or  so back when Niall McKenzie was world no.4 with Suzuki at the time was dropped in favour of relatively unknown Didier de Radiguez because he brought lucrative sponsorship to the team and mcKenzie couldn't get decent backing.

Not much in life is 'fair' .. I hope he gets offered a decent ride somewhere!

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Top BSB job??? where's that then!!! they were allsorted well before the suzuki job even fell through.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Camier KO's Bradders:

I watched a behind the scenes video on the GP site with bradders, Parkes & Camier all training in a gym in the South of France (must be a weather thing) - anyways, Camier was quite funny.  He's over 6 foot and Bradders wades into the sparring area, puts some gloves on and starts throwing (fake) punches at him (laughing).  Camier then (mock)  knocks him out.  Would have been nice to seen them on the grid together.  

Bradders has the right attitude for GP...  a little more humility than his former team mate (as much as I like the 70/2).  Anyways...  shame about Camier - I wonder what really happened... PB isn't known for his fluffy interior is he?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices