You are in... Forums > General > General > If you luv road racing

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

If you luv road racing

Just found this,got the adrenalin pumpin just sitting here,oh yes i luv it,go full screen sound all the way up.:biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8aAGiE0arw

Oooo takes me back

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 205 days ago (02 March 2014 12:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Fab,Fab.... Fab..!!!!

Completely nailing it....  :sunglasses::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

geezo

fantastic clip , you can almost feel the front end bouncing on some of those bumps , love watching road racing but havent the balls to do it !

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

Different now

Between York and Station Corner there is a roundabout that they take the "wrong" way, back then they were flat out through there. Also now after the big Ballysally roundabout there is a chicane to slow them down for Mather's cross which also was almost flat out back then. It's sad in one way but also without evolving the track and so on it would probably have been banned years ago :upset:

I loved one guy's comment below the clip, "Even my own balls started growing a tiny bit while watching this." lol :lol:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Guilty

as charged KCMC.. I fuggin LUUURRRVV it!!!

Was lucky enough to be at the NW200 in 2007 and did the TT this year.... You have any of this in Oz mate? I know they run a roadrace in NZ don't they someplace??

Proper fun

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Seems to be

quite a large range in both straight-line and cornering speeds - was more than one class on the track at a time?

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Piglet..

Until recently (due to rain cancelling the whole event twice) they ran the whole NW200 on one day. As a result of this the organizers have a logistical nightmare and opted to run a few of the smaller classes together.. I think they ran the 250's and 400's together which may be what you see here although I thought they ran a staggered start with the 400's off first so there were less incidents on track so maybe what you see is just down to some shit riding...... 

:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Piglet mate

don't know where you're comin from?it's a 250cc race and all of the bikes in shot are 250cc V-twin two strokes of one make or another.

Fast tracks always makes for close racing,just watched it again,got me buzzin again :biggrin:(will try to find the whole race if the footage still exists ?if anybody has it post it please:sunglasses:)  

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

It looks as if

some bikes were much faster on the straights - or were some riders just getting off the corners better?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

(PIGLET mate)First lap in wet conditions O-:

some racers think they can gain an advantage(coz everyone else will want to feel the condition out before maybe going for it)but its the risk you take and sometimes like the rider you see spin out, out braking yourself then trying to get on the gas that wee bit too early then hitting a damp patch on a cold tyre can be a racers undoing(sometimes it works out and you're away then everybody has to ride harder than they want to catch you).Also getting off the line and being a bit baulked everyone one else is flat to the stops head down only thinking of the next  turn,and you're looking around you maybe be not full throttle,and avoiding other riders making the bid for a better position(as well as your self trying to stop being mugged) if you've ever been in that situation you will know what i'm talkin about,its mayhem at the time but such a buzz you would never regret it :biggrin:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcqkH8BLfsQ#t=185

Check this out :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices