You are in... Forums > General > General > t595 oil leak

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

sickle

Jan 14

sickle says:

t595 oil leak

Hello guys/girls, I have a 1998 triumph t595-.23000 miles on the clock. I purchased the bike last august- since I have had it I have a tiny amount of oil coming out of the oil filler cap. I replaced the oil cap and rubber washer with new ones. I still have the problem. I have changed the oil and filter and made sure its not over filled. Someone said it could be a breather hose blocked? Im hoping someone could advise me on this and praying its not a piston etc. Thanks in advance, lance

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 237 days ago (02 March 2014 17:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ahhh A Triumph with an Oil Leak.....

that takes me back................:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

sickle....

drop the sump and see if your one of these is working properly.pressure relief valve. spring loaded.centre should push in and spring back,but more likely a blocked breather.

Reply to this Topic
sickle

Jan 14

sickle says:

breather

:ph43r:Thanks for your reply, doe you know where the breather is located and if its an easy fix. Regards lance

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

t595 breather

After a couple of minutes mooching around the 'net, it looks like it's on the left of the crankcase (as you sit on the bike), an ovalish plate, held on with 5 bolts.... looks like there are moving parts behind the plate...... check the hose is clear before you remove the plate.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

t595

http://www.triumphtorque.com/messageboard/thread/147112-Oil-in-Air-box.aspx

also there`s something about a centrifugal breather on this model. Anycase the pipe usually go`s into the airbox.  

Reply to this Topic
sickle

Jan 14

sickle says:

Thank you

Thank you for your help. I hope to get the panel off and have a look sometime soon. It's starting to drive me mad..:sleep:

Reply to this Topic
sickle

Jan 14

sickle says:

Thank you

Thanks for your help, I hope it's an easy fix and sorts the leak out. I don't have any other leaks apart from the dipstick leak so I do t seem to have th air box with oil in problem.?:mad::mad::mad::dopeyhmmmm:

Reply to this Topic
sickle

Jan 14

sickle says:

Oil leak

Turned out to be the o ring:dopeyhmmmm:. The one triumph supplied with the new oil cap. ...:upset::roll eyes::roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

nice

result   :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

sickle....

get one of these for other occasions when you have a leak.225 for less than a tenner.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices