Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi happy with new tyre endurance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi happy with new tyre endurance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi happy with new tyre endurance

Valentino Rossi declared himself happy with improved endurance from a range of new Bridgestone tyres he evaluated on the first day of testing at the Phillip Island track in Australia today. Rossi is one of a five-strong MotoGP line-up in Australia on a special tyre testing mission for Bridgestone to find a solution to the tyre disaster that struck last October’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 197 days ago (03 March 2014 08:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Is it me or is this test a bit of a waste of time?

The problem at P.I at last year's race seems to have been resurfacing the track too close to the race meeting. Now the surface has had some use and is better bedded in last years race tyre worked fine for Rossi.

The problem now appears not to have been the rubber or the track surface but rather an issue with timing.

At least it's free track time for some of them though....

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

jamieg999

It's you, troll.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I guess it a least confirms that it was just an issue with timing and that there should be no repeat fiasco with this year's race. No-one seems to have reported any issues with the 2013 tyre yet. And away from the unique conditions at Malaysia, the 2014 tyres (I'm assuming one of them was the Sepang test tyre - don't know)  have so far not been reported as giving Yamaha the same grip issues.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

I enjoyed

last year's race with the bike switch.  Very exciting.  Should do it more often.

Personally I'd like to see them push start their bikes again.

www.flickr.com/photos/50929289@N05/8584870360

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Push start MotoGP bikes? Lets go back to piss pot helmets while were at it! 

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Last week  the story was "Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction", this week? I think these MCN guys just pull stories out of their bums.

Push starts! That'll be funny trying to bump start a bike with close to 15:1 compression. I think it would certainly change the outcome of many a race.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

DEAD RIGHT, CBR11X ...

This sort of "journalistic bullshit" is quite rightly called "CLICK BAIT" - for very, obvious reasons ... Precisely the sort of crap that sees Casey Stoner "allegedly - supposedly - could be - might be" standing in for the injured Marquez. Do you dig it? Trouble is - the Zombie hordes take this rubbish as some sort of truth & fact far too often - not realising that they are being played for mugs.

The fact that Cal Crutchlow was only a few tenths down on Lorenzo yesterday didn't seem to hardly rate any sort of honourable mention by MCN - I wonder about them sometimes!

So today - with just a few minutes left to play - the only rider still out is Pedrosa - so HRC are obviously playing a slightly different game to all the others. For the reord - just in case MCN fails to even try & explain what this all means - consider this: - Loreenzo, Pedrosa, Dovi, Crutchlow and then Rossi (almost 6 tenths back) is the final order for Tuesday.

"OPEN CLASS" or not - when was the last time any Desmo was within a few tenths of the Yams & Honda's? Back in Bologna they are very probably getting damp spots at the front of their strides with sheer excitement ...

As I said a few days back - they all laughed when Cal sat down to play the Ducati piano - maybe not just the money & a few Poles & Podiums could be down the track from these very early days. Time will tell!

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Rumour has it Rossis been spotted on the beaches at PI sporting a pair of yellow budgie catchers, watch out for no46 line in swimwear

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

wouldn't you know it

Here I am with a chance to post a comment before the **** begins to fly, and I can't think of anything to say....

Go MotoGP!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Yes Aquarius...

and the click bait has brought some new advertising to the site. Good for something then? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices