Skip to content

DUCATI New Ducati Diavel revealed DIAVEL

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > DIAVEL > New Ducati Diavel revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Ducati Diavel revealed

Official images and technical data reveal that Ducati’s game-changing Diavel will benefit from a host of revisions for 2014, three years after the bike was launched to widespread acclaim for delivering sportsbike levels of performance to the cruiser class. The main changes centre around a new twin-spark version of the 1198cc Testastretta V-twin engine. While Ducati claim that it will pack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 205 days ago (03 March 2014 13:32)

Post a message in DIAVEL

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Yep just as ugly as the old one.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

ugly .... that's what i thought when i first saw the press pics.  then i went to the local Ducati dealer and saw one for real.  i would now call myself a very satisfied owner 18 months after buying one!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Can't see why they call it a "cruiser"

Feet behind knees,  looks like just another big naked to me.

Reply to this Topic
MikeRedshaw

Jul 11

MikeRedshaw says:

If you really think kits 'another naked' - ride one. I did nearly a year ago and I haven't stopped grinning yet - I bought the grey Strada version - its the best of a number of worlds (especially as I put the red vinyl on the make it look better). Expensive but worth every penny - and I'm a tight Yorkshireman.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Alien...

Yes, that tank always reminds me of the Alien from the film of same name.

Yes, i've seen the bike in reality and no, it's not bad.

However, the prices are, seems biking is now for the well-to-do's and rich, unless you plump for the lower pleb and working class section, i.e CB500, NC 700, etc.

Not bad bikes in their own right i supose but, don't set the heart a flutter do they.

Anyhow,this Diavel (WHO, in their right mind, names a bike after an evil entity i.e DEVIL?) would benefit from a name change for starters and repositioning that hideous number plate holder, which ruins the effect of that massive rear donut being there.

One other thing, everytime the manufacturer refines their products, it's always last year's model that is made redundant. I mean, Ducati have re-jigged the engine to spread the servicing times/cost and upped the torque.. Why didn't Ducati make sure 3 years back the service costs/intervals would be lower as with this new refined model?

They bring these products out testing them on a gullible public, thn re-jig them hoping the punter will trade it in for the latest, therefore spending more money.:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MikeRedshaw

Jul 11

MikeRedshaw says:

You're right there! I thought long & hard about buying a brand spanker but decided to go ahead as its probably the last new bike i'll own (im nearlyb60 been riding 40+ years).It does everything I want BUT it would have been nice to have 3 year service intervals - that must have been foreseeable? I wont trade it in on principal now!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sat on one at a show when they first came out and thought it was one of the most comfy bikes I've ever sat on, especially as the seat is so low for me with a 28" inside leg and I can get both feet on the ground. If I could afford a few bikes, this would be one of them but it wound'nt suit me as my primary bike, not for touring on!

Reply to this Topic
NewAeon

Jun 12

NewAeon says:

Who names a bike after an evil entity (ie Devil)?

@STRESSED1 What planet are you from? I'm sure something as shocking as naming a bike after *gasp* EL DIABLO HIMSELF is quite a departure from such crowd favorites as the Triumph Psalm, the Honda Hug and the Kawasaki JesusIsMyFriend, but you can be sure Ducati won't be changing the names of their bikes to market more to the highly coveted "Women between the ages of  70 and 100" market.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Troll alert.......

REPLY: NewAeon, MCN must be getting lax if they're starting to allow TROLLS on their site now. It's not what planet i'm on, it's what dimension you're from you should be asking yourself.:wacko:

Sarcasm, they say is the lowest form of wit, in your case that is half correct , because quite frankly you have no wit only facetious stupidity.

It sounds as though you actually think it's cool, the fact the bike is named after an evil entity.

The bike industry must be getting desperate to attract nutters like you to buy bikes. The more evil and outrageous the name the better ey? Why didn't Ducati just call it the 'IL Monstro'?  It's different and the English average punter would no doubt have been happy not knowng it's merely Italian for `THE MONSTER'.

What's next, The Harley Davidson Manson, the Triumph Bradey, the Victory Neilson ?:unsure:

No doubt, you'd praise those names also, thinking they're ultra hip and cool.......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
brynhils

Jun 06

brynhils says:

Reduced Servicing Costs ...

or are they really just 'delayed' ?

So new Diavel owners 'only' require a major service every 18K, as compared to my 2013 variant of 15K.  It certainly looks good on paper but what Ducati fails to advertise is that owners still have to submit their Diavel for an annual service within every 12 month period from registration (independant of mileage) in order to remain 'in-date' for their warranty.  This annual service is in the region of £220 and in addition to any previous 6m/650ml compulsary (Oil change) 'Run-in' service.

So over 3 years both the new Diavel and my 'old' 2013 variant will cost exactly the same; a run-in service at around £60, plus three Annual services at around £220.

Only when you move to the Valves Service at 15K & 18K respectively (Annual Service plus an additional £230) or, the Belts (15K/5yr) are the more 'major' servicing costs incurred.

It could be that come this 3 year period people would be looking for a change anyway?  Worth thinking about before you 'trade-up' in anticipation of making huge savings - which in reality you probably won't.

-LaZ-

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices