Skip to content

General Dangerous Country - Do Not Visit! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Dangerous Country - Do Not Visit!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Dangerous Country - Do Not Visit!

Next time you complain about your plod, remember this (OK to skip the first 2:55 or so).  The motorcyclist was lucky not to be shot dead.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 141 days ago (05 March 2014 00:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Lucky the trooper? weren't shot dead

no badge = another crazy in a cage with a gun.....:unsure:

Is this a...Kill ya speed.... campaign? :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

unit

My thoughts also, he could just be any crazy armed robber or car-jacker, he should have displayed his badge immediately, (or maybe that's just what they do in the movies, who knows?) He should also try to be less of a knob, a speeding motorcyclist shouldn't require him to do what he did.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"He should also try to be less of a knob"

That is the difference between countries - here police are now trained to act that way, and to use violence if citizens do not immediately obey their orders.  If one sees cops making an arrest, best to clear the area unless you like a guy pointing a gun at you while screaming, "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND MOTHERFUCKER!"

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Didn't need to show I.D.

You'll notice the State Trooper in a marked vehicle come into shot at 1:58

That said, shows how bloody aggressive the cops are over there!:ph43r: 

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Violence begets...

A gun pointing squarely at you by the looks of it!

Have to say, over here it's not as bad as people make out, feel quite lucky really (apart from the weather obviously, have to mention that what with being British & all!:winkie:)

Just look at what some Aussies are having to put up with recently...

http://americaloveshorsepower.com/harley-motorcycle-rider-is-harassed-for-40-minutes-at-queensland-gas-station-for-being-in-a-motorcycle-club/

and

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-commissioner-sorry-for-inconveniencing-harassed-biker-20140113-30pxh.html

Edit: Should maybe have used a different heading seeing as how the person on the bike hadn't displayed any aggression aparrantly but was met with a fair bit!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
outlookexcess

Sep 12

Outrageous

Pure macho posturing by the cop.

Gun was not necessary.

Yep, we're lucky here in the UK, although once back in the 80's I was called a c**t by a traffic cop, which hurt my feelings dreadfully.

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

are you kidding

thankful we are British???? Our police are OK? Serious? Have you been watching the news recently?

My mate, a fellow biker, made a complaint about West Mercia Police after they arrested him 2 years ago (they dropped all charges against him so we still aren't sure whet he is supposed to have done). The police then reported he was violent and aggressive and required restraint upon reaching the station. strange they let him go? He asked for the CCTV at the station to prove that this was an absolute fabrication. Guess what? The camera had broken that very night.

Our police don't have guns but would you trust a copper? I give them a wide berth. As for the argument that we want them when there is a crime. Well I have had been burgled, got a serious kicking (got the licence plate of the bloke but the police lost the file) had a car stolen and a car broken into, all reported to police. non of them found.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

stirfry

Imagine coming home to your apartment after working an evening shift, walking down the hall, and just before you reach your down a cop steps out of the neighboring apartment and points an assault type shotgun at you and screams "DOWN ON THE FLOOR!" - I will trade for your unarmed cops any day.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Stirfry

Sorry you've had such a bad experience.

Having travelled a fair bit, and watch/read news, listened to a lot of people and take things into account on a Global scale, I stand by my statement.

I didn't say the U.K. police were perfect, far from it but when compared to what you could be met with in a lot of other countries I'm grateful for what we've got and for what we haven't!:smile 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices