Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo quickest at end of Phillip Island tyre test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo quickest at end of Phillip Island tyre test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo quickest at end of Phillip Island tyre test

Jorge Lorenzo completed his domination of this week’s Bridgestone tyre test in Australia today by setting the fastest time in cool and windy conditions at Phillip Island this afternoon. The Spaniard set his best time of 1.29.068 on the same spec tyre that wreaked havoc during last October’s Phillip Island race. But Lorenzo revealed to MCN that the 2013-race spec tyre was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 146 days ago (05 March 2014 08:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Zut Alors!

..Would you Adam and Eve it!..

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I have a feeling

it will be Jorges year, unless he keeps using the back brake.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tyres remain the great unknown

JL hated the new rear at low grip Sepang, but no significant issues at high grip, high tyre temp P.I.

I know it's primarily a tyre test but no mention of the electronic side of things. I understood JL was considering reverting to 2013 spec code.

If he has the equipment he needs at his disposal we all know (bar one) he's going to be right in the mix.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

NORMAL SERVICE...

MM pissed the 1st test,DP pissed the 2nd and JL pissed the 3rd.If MM had`n`t been on "holiday"who know`s? I`m guessing VR will be hoping for another 4th,at the end of the year,but I doubt it`ll be as simple as last year.  The Duke`s are slowly ,but surely,being De-Rossified,and are looking considerably better.And as the  year goes on they will improve even more!   Not forgetting AB and SB or the two Espargaro boy`s Gonna be tough to take 4th this season,me think`s. Will be great to see the Ducati`s near the pointy end,something we ain`t seen since the heady day`s of Stoner.Pucka eh?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Look

On crash.net. Not all about ONE fast lap!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Quickest..?

Not over the longer distance simulations he wasn't..

Final day long-run average lap times:

Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1m 30.019 (13 laps)

Dani Pedrosa Honda 1m 30.161s (12 laps)       

Cal Crutchlow Ducati 1m 30.340s (17 laps)

Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m 30.505s (24 laps) 

Rossi did 8 laps in the 29's on his run. Pedrosa 3, Cal 1 and Jorge's were all in the 30's.

Seems the De-Lorenzofication of the M1 is coming along nicely.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/200837/1/rossi-signs-off-with-speedy-simulation.html

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Yeah but

What tyre construction and compounds were each of them using on their long runs? New tyre, used tyre?

Hard to make any comparisons without all the facts.

And are comparisons worth anything on a tyre test?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What De-Lorenzofication would that be Wosi

When Yamaha have clearly stated development is based around the requirements of their nr.1 rider - Jorge Lorenzo.

Yeah your boy sounds happy. But he's sounded happy with plenty of false dawns over the last few years. I reckon he still might have a hard time defending his 4th place ranking.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Yes but Nostro

you said he wouldn`t be anywhere near the front last year let alone win any and you wre wrong, so maybe you`ll be wrong again!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Did I cheeky?

Best you go digging for that quote.

The Terrapin performed much as expected 2013. Mainly fighting in the second tier whilst watching the fast boys disappear into the distance. As for Assen, he got rather lucky there didn't he? Much like Misano 2012.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices