Skip to content

Discuss This Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014

Andrea Dovizioso believes there won’t be any big improvement in Ducati’s fortunes in the early part of the 2014 MotoGP campaign, despite a positive pre-season campaign in Malaysia and Australia. Improvements to braking stability and corner entry on the GP14 Desmosedici has seen the Italian impress in winter testing, with the highlight a brilliant third place finish in last week’s second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 141 days ago (05 March 2014 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Piss Poor Attitude ..

Happy to take the life changing pay packet Mr Dovizioso, you knew damn well when you took the gig far better riders than you have tried and failed, the bloody bikes not spitting riders off every race like an evil handling NSR, you've just have to find 1.5 secs, bloody well get stuck in man and work around the current issues, Ducati needs a positive proactive garage & riders in the camp lets hope Crutchlow, Iannone & Hernadez have more fight in them, ohhh to be his team boss, a beautifully positioned size 10 right up his backside, now get out there you bloody ponce..

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Will see if the new boss can do anything different or he jump to kaiada like the "big german mouth" ex-boss.I believe that uncle Camelo wiil help with many ways the italian team to be competitive.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Smoke and mirrors

in my opinion. Hes just saying that to keep honda from throwing their toys out of the pram. Lets see what happens in Qatar with the sticky back tyre and 4ls more fuel. 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Playing it down?

He could just be playing down his chances...not sure though, Dovi has never seemed to be enthusiastic about anything. We will have to see what happens in Qatar, Ducati could pull a suprise out the bag on that long straight with 4l more fuel on board!

Reply to this Topic
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

playing it down

I agree with others that he is deliberately playing down Ducati's chances. Expect to see Ducati in the top six for the first couple of races then take over the lead after that as they use the power to leave others in their wake using bike development and sticky tyres. Not much Honda or Yamaha can do once the season is a few races old! It would not surprise me if, for the first few races, the Duke is deliberatly throttled back. Winning the title with an 'open class' machione would cover Ducati in glory and the Japanese factories would know that very well.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

We#re not going to see 16kmph speed differences

at Qatar this year as in 2007. The Jap taps are fully open on the straights. As for the softer rear, perhaps it might become a viable option at some races, but realistically it's nothing more than a qualifier for the open machines and a race tyre for the old CRT types.

As Nev said they're still de-Rossifying the D16 after a year of doing next to nothing under that car bloke Gobby. The GP14.1  is eagerly awaited.

Reply to this Topic
therockgod

Feb 14

therockgod says:

Deviation ....

Andrea Dovizioso’s 1m 29.387 @ 342.9 kmph in PL was no fluke, he is defiantly playing it down, Qatar with its long straight …… Duke will be more then a match for Honda and Yam, Honda know this and therefore they are unhappy about Ducati’s open class move, on de-rossifying, well Desmosedici still has the carbon fiber swing arm, cant wait to see Cal in qualifying, Cheers …..

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Yep I agree definitely playing it down.

Dovi and Cal are both superfast riders who are to all intents and purposes on full factory bikes, but have lost their own ecu and had to replace it with a very capable 'standard' ecu. And have also got 4 extra litres of juice, free reign at development, softer tyres and can wreck more engines.

I reckon Dorna have cocked up and tipped the scales too far....... we now have a situation similar to if the IAAF let Usain Bolt train and prepare to the best of his talents...and come race time told him he had to hop along wearing boots, whilst the slower guys can wear roller blades. Or the tennis people saying we have superb players, some of the best ever but they're looking too good, so we'll go back to wooden rackets.

if an 'open' bike wins a race do they get the same amount of points?  I can see Crutchlow claiming to be the new messiah (and forgetting the 'perks' open class gets)  if he gets some good results.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

An analogy for your analogies RF99

Let's forget the first one because that was quite ridiculous. But the wooden rackets....Hmmm I'm feeling a Kenny Roberts special dispensation come back to ride his OW48 against the four strokes in MotoGP.

The factory machines starve the bikes where fuel isn't needed. i.e off the throttle. They'll still have their 280 hairy horses when they need them. The four litre difference will be a negligible one. Ducati didn't go open thinking they could exploit a performance loop hole, they did it because Gigi wants to be able to alter engine cases. The fact the Dorna MM ECU is better than expected is a mere side issue bonus.

342kmph for Dovi and 340 kmph for the Terrapin. Little more than a seagulls fart difference.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

At the Risk

of being compared to the attention seeking Frenchman ;  this is Matt Oxley's take on Ducati and the Open class decision.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/motogp-race/why-the-door-was-left-open-for-ducati/

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices