Skip to content

Discuss This Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014

Andrea Dovizioso believes there won’t be any big improvement in Ducati’s fortunes in the early part of the 2014 MotoGP campaign, despite a positive pre-season campaign in Malaysia and Australia. Improvements to braking stability and corner entry on the GP14 Desmosedici has seen the Italian impress in winter testing, with the highlight a brilliant third place finish in last week’s second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 147 days ago (05 March 2014 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Straw poll please MCN

Yes definately playing down their move to open class. MCN please do one of your votes on whether ducati should be allowed to run factory bikes in the open class. Be interesting to see the results.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Oxley's article

is pretty good.  A few thoughts:

• the rules seem to say that if a team agrees to run Open software, they are pretty much free to bring a factory spec bike
  • hopefully MotoGP's goals are to have more competitors at the front, and to reduce the cost of running a team by reducing the cost of a bike
  • short term this is good for Ducati; however, a factory bike running Open software will still be faster than a non-factory bike running Open software, so, you would still kind of have the "has" and "has-nots" again, although maybe with not a as much of a gap as 2013 factory vs. CRT.  Which sort of brings us back around to the same issue of having 4 or 5 bikes every race that have the potential to be on the podium.

I would hope that after 2014 the Open rules would be enhanced so that a true factory bike cannot run in the Open Class just because they are running Open software.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

50 bucks says...

...Corse knew there was an upgrade coming for the Open ECU, while Honda/Yamaha did not. 

More fuel and softer tires are swell for testing/qualifying, maybe even good for early race-pace and straightline speed...but what happens at 2/3rds race distance when tires are used up and the Desmo goes back to handling curves like my Huffy?

Dovi is right not to be overly optimistic.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

dont get excited...

The Ducati has hardly changed since last season and is not suddenly going to be drastically different during the first part of the season and it is still far from certain that they will come up with a solution to match the Jap factory teams.Extra fuel and a softer tyres will not solve other more relevant problems.
Saying that I really hope Ducati can finally manage to develop their bike throughout 2014 and be a title contender the next year along with Suzuki?

Reply to this Topic
spitfire74

Jan 12

spitfire74 says:

Bluffing?

I don't think he is personally.  He always complains about stuff and while playing it down would be a very wise strategy, I don't think Ducati would sanction saying that their bike doesn't turn and " To compete with them you need a really good bike and it is difficult".  I think he's a moaner.  

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Dovi

Well that's fair enough because I have never had high expectations of him on any machine he has ridden, HRC seem to know a goo rider when they see one so they sacked him !

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

He's not bluffing

Their long runs were off the pace at PI.

Yeah, Yamaha and HRC both know good riders when they see them.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Carmelo will help Ducati to close the gap with many ways, to force Japanese go to open.If  the red mishmash accessories don't close the gap , uncle pyt an extra rule in the middle of the season that open machine can weight 100kg and factory 250kg , a big change in the middle of the season that non private open team can earn with it , only factory red open can win of this,...like first sbk regulation of flammini.. does anyone remember the parody of  regulations to help the same factory to win titles past years.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

March 11 the decision for new category.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy