Skip to content

Discuss This Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dovizioso: Expectations ‘not unbelievably high’ for 2014

Andrea Dovizioso believes there won’t be any big improvement in Ducati’s fortunes in the early part of the 2014 MotoGP campaign, despite a positive pre-season campaign in Malaysia and Australia. Improvements to braking stability and corner entry on the GP14 Desmosedici has seen the Italian impress in winter testing, with the highlight a brilliant third place finish in last week’s second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 150 days ago (05 March 2014 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Boning up..

you guys need to do a bit more reading and think a little bit harder.

There was no loophole, the rules are as clear as day.

Honda just assumed..a bit like they did in PI when it was apparently impossible to count to 10 properly.

Open or Factory..simple.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Get rid

of the electronics (or at least turn down the riders aids), give them 25 litres of fuel, give them what ever tyre make they want and give US THE RACING WE WANT! At the end of the day its a business that is about people paying to watch a fantastic spectacle, not a fantastic f@ck up. F1 change the rules because Vettel was winning every time and they lost 50 million of their global viewers. Change to 1.6 v6 turbo cars( that strangely sound like moto gp bikes), make the aero package so they can run closer together and look what you got. This season is already turning out to be a sham, why the feck should you be penalised for doing well, if Ducati did win a race then the other "open" class teams should think hang on here, the factorys have been caught napping with their pants round their ankles time to let us spank them. But nooooooo, lets take your fuel away and three of your initial engine allocation. It stinks more than the sales bullshot that hrc fed everyone about their proddie racer. Its a sham of a mockery and mockery of a sham. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

here here..

fkin Honda apologists..?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Open Class

The rules on the open class seemed to be crystal clear to everyone apart from YMC and HRC. Dorna told them the benefits of moving to open and as Mat Oxley said "dangled a carrot" in front of them long enough for any logical thinking person to say "Hang on a minute, the door is wide open for us to gain an advantage here". However, instead what we have is two of the factories deciding that they will attempt to hang on to the old rules and if things don't go their way they will bully their way back to the top. 

I personally don't think Dorna are to blame for this, they made it very clear that their plan is for everyone to be competing as an "open" entry by 2017. So they are obviously going to make the Open class as appealing as possible to get people onboard with it! HRC and YMC have once again assumed that they control the sport and Dorna will do whatever they say, seems like they were only half right.

On another note, it seems that Yamaha are the ones that could really lose out here. After arming Forward with last years M1, 24 litres of fuel and more tyre options, they could be in trouble with Herve by mid season when his Tech 3 boys are constantly finishing behind Espagaro Snr on his "Open" bike.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Are you really that naive Wosi?

Of course the RCV1000R was built to fit into a certain pecking order. As Bulto clearly states the satellite teams pay good money to lease what is supposed to be a superior product. HRC said it cost them money to build & flog the RCVR's. How much charity do you want? GP racing is unique in that it is a prototype based series, that is a big part of the appeal. Do you want them all racing standard identikit 600's? As it stands these Open teams will be a damn sight more competitive than the supposed golden period of 1970's and 1980's when privateers who would often be lapped, sometimes twice!

As for the performance disparity between the RCV213 & RCVR. Well I believe it is still too early to call. Lil' Nicky is about on a par with the CEII, which is not all that surprising in reality. We've been told there was only a 0.3 sec difference in the times posted by HRC's test rider from the full fat factory RCV to the proddie version. No reason to dis-believe this. Perhaps it is simply a case of being able to get closer to the 100% mark on the proddie bike than the factory? Stoner's times were never published. There is certainly more to come from that machine. Scott's the man to find it but he appears hampered by brakes and suspension as much as anything right now.

And yeah it makes sense for HRC to maintain control of the maintainence of the machine for two years. The RCVR shares a lot of DNA with the pukka factory version. I don't think HRC want a wrench with a Dremel to go carving up their heads, do you?

Herve might be putting on a brave face right now, but you've got to believe he's grinding his teeth in private over the performance of Aleix on the factory Forward M1. Who knows what the dollars involved are but you can bet Tech3 are paying a damn sight more than Forward for a product that when all pro's and con's are considered is pretty much equal to the other.

The point here is that rules and common ground need to be found and planned well in advance. There is too much money at stake to keep making up regs on the hoof. These issues are all DORNA driven, not MSMA. This new Ducati rule, and the significant ECU upgrade is the same bullshit that DORNA pulled with the new front tyre in 2012 to try and make Rossi competitive.

Just what are they going to be racing Wosi if HRC & YMC stomp off in a huff?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Too right LotW..

It's only since the performances of Espargaro snr. have Nakamoto & tag twin Suppo, got the hump.

They decided on the RCVR spec, told blatant fibs about it's true potential and are looking to back-track by whatever method.

In this case threatening to leave again..and looking like a bunch of idiots.

The rule changes for a Factory 2 class are at their behest.

However..anyone with half a brain can see the damage has been done and reputations shot.

They are in a minority..nobody wants to play with their ball.

Get with the program or start your own ALL JAPAN series up and leave the proper racing to racing people.

Wankers.. 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Fair point

Nostro, but if you pay 1 million euros for the proddie racer then my wrench with dremel might find something that hrc dont want you to find and get a bit more speed out of it. Honda throw their wieght about to much IMO and if Ducati and Forward yamaha stick it to the factories then good luck to them. Its either going to be fantastic in the fact that the dominant forces in moto gp are about to have a real wake up call, or honda and to a degree yamaha will ruin it for us the fans who want to see a change in the order, I for one would love to see a ducati or a forward yam on the podium, hell i would like to see them on the top step, but to incur a penalty becuase you are doing well stinks. All the teams had the choice, they took their choice, now leave it alone and lets see what happens. As my old mum used to say to me, " no point shuting the stable door once the horse has bolted".

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What will they be racing..?

Who cares..as long as it's faster than an EVO superbike and the action is shit hot.

I wonder if Nostro's highly trained eye can tell a second-and-a-half difference in pace around Sepang from the stands?

Make the racing slower but closer and more spectacular.

I'd love to see HRC fk off and Yamaha stay..wouldn't have to look at that great big bison head Nakamoto anymore..he puts me off my Strongbow..which takes some doing, let me tell ya!

psssss-chh..first one of the day.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gent's. I think we're ultimately signing from the same hymn sheet

in what we all want is closer racing, more manufacturers, less electronic assistance. To this end Carmelo's aims are admirable - far less so his methods. Yeah perhaps Honda should have been more savvy regarding rule intepretation, not easy with Dorna's ever shifting sands. You cannot lay out a set of regs, get HRC to invest at your behest some eighteen months ago and then **** them over with eleventh hour changes. That is fundamentally wrong.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Glug Glug..(wipes chin)

Yeah..we ain't too far apart for once, which is worth a piss up on its own..

However..these last minute changes? The Factory 2 rules proposal?

Who do you think wanted them and why?..which is where we still have distance between us.

Probably because you're reluctant to criticise HRC?

The outrage across the internet is heart-warming..99% of it is directed at Honda.

Wosi's work is almost done.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices