Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards admits doubt over FTR chassis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards admits doubt over FTR chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards admits doubt over FTR chassis

Colin Edwards has admitted it is looking increasingly unlikely that he will get the opportunity to race a British-designed and built FTR frame in the 2014 MotoGP world championship.A revised official entry list last week showed Edwards and teammate Aleix Espargaro entered on a Forward Yamaha in the new Open category.All previous references to the pair on earlier provisional entry...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 228 days ago (07 March 2014 09:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

So...they are now an Open Factory-2 former-CRT satellite MotoGP squad.  Am I getting that right?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

More

confusing than a bath full of frogs whilst on acid.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Don't follow this

As far back as August, Forward annnounced they were using the M1 chassis as well as the engine for the 2014 season

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So...they are now an Open Factory-2 former-CRT satellite MotoGP squad. Am I getting that right?

Ha Ha  -  who knows....

They've essentially got most of last year's Tech3 bike to run in the open class, but if they get x number of podiums or a win they'll become Factory 2

Reply to this Topic
sfbrain

Aug 06

sfbrain says:

FTR Dead ???

So, no FTR's in MotoGP, Moto2 or Moto3 ???

Is this the end of FTR ???

And if so, what of the future of 'The Circuit of Wales' project ??

CoW owners, own 50% (ish) of FTR !!

??

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Well...

good news for Espagaro, obviously Colin was hoping to be back on the FTR frame, at least one of the two will be happy. Going to be some good racing this year i reckon....so long as Yamaha and Honda can manage to go a week without throwing their toys out of the pram.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

doubt huh

Thats why you should have went back over to WSBK, as soon as you lost a factory ride in sore-O-GP! Stop riding around on crap scooters. I hate to see one of my favorites or i should say not see one of my favorites cause of poor equipment. 

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

phinmac

He's riding good equipment. Look at what Aleix is doing. I think what you should have said is I hate when one of my favourites keeps riding until he's way past it and quite slow.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Once more the same old whine from the CEII

His entire Yamaha MotoGP career has been defined by the exact same type of whinge he's having here.

That M1 handles. Just look at how JL threw it around, under, over and through the Honda's at the Valencia race. Especially when you consider the comment he makes about Aleix. This tells us two things.

- The CEII brakes softer, more JL like if you care. So why can't he get the thing into corners?

- The M1 does respond to a more agressive form of braking given what Aleix is doing with it.

The CEII was past his MotoGP use by date quite some time ago.

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

Is he delusional or?

I think CE needs to step up and just admit that he's not got the pace anymore. Aleixi Espargo is proving that there is zilch wrong with the thing, its got the engine that it was designed for in it and to say it doesn't respond to tuning is ludricous.

I think if your hitting the laptimes exactly the same despite changing the settings then its time to ask yourself if your pushing even close to the limits of the bike.

As much as I like his personality, he wasn't good enough ten years ago to make the grade, and he definaty isn't now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but not a single win, on the bike his team mate won with 11 times in 2005 alone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices