Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki re-thinking MotoGP strategy after Ducati Open move MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki re-thinking MotoGP strategy after Ducati Open move

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki re-thinking MotoGP strategy after Ducati Open move

Ducati's decision to move to the new Open class has already forced Suzuki into re-thinking its 2015 MotoGP strategy, and is likely to put pressure on Honda and Yamaha to do the same.Just three weeks after declaring its intention to run as a factory entry to have the capability of developing its own electronics software, Suzuki is not ruling out...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 196 days ago (07 March 2014 10:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Wins from 5 or 6 different riders

is never going to happen the Status Quo will prevail those with the biggest budgets will remain at the front          - same 2 or 3 winning every race ........

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Talking of cock measuring Soup's..

..I think that's possibly what we can see in the above photo. Gigi looks as though he's displaying his John Thomas, and both Cal and Romagnoli are giving him a detailed analysis...

They better watch out for the fella to Gigi's immediate left though...he's definitely ready to play the pink oboe!..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

I have it from a reliable source

Cal has just asked Roman thingy what they need to do to The Duke to win and  Gigi is telling Cal 'If you want to win on the Ducati you need cojones as big as these '.  That's the last time Crutchlow will say he wants more feel. 

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

WTF HAS DORNA DONE ...(2)???

Next, Dorna (already guilty of a breach of faith) has just announced a stop-gap measure appeasing deeply offended Honda & as alibi &attempt to assuage others, like Hayden etc, marooned down the grid on numbers-fodder they were led to believe would be competitive. This is “Factory 2” ( a 3rd category) which will have “stricter” Rules to try & level out a confused & confusing playing field & waters that have become muddier by the minute. May I remind you all that the first Round @ Qatar is just 14 days away? This **** fight has now become ridiculous & is a direct result of Dorna’s “meddling”!

Without damning with faint praise, this situation has had some amusing outcomes: “only” a Test of tyres etc? Yeah, sure! Flossi had the 2 Ducs ahead of him for hours @ Phillip Island.

Ducati’s problem has always been their running-wide/understeer under throttle, thus ruining lines & drive. They certainly never lacked speed & power & the “embroidered” Open CPU & spec has given them a huge leg back up. Especially since flicking-off JB like so much navel lint & given Flossi’s embarrassing flop @ Ducati over 2 long, excruciating years; his face must have been beetroot-esque! Especially since flicking-off JB like so much navel lint, forcing him to a face-saving quicker Lap @ the death. Other egos have also been dented & need TLC & massage.

I never claimed prescience or to be eidetic - but I did tell you so about Dorna. They drove 2 Factory players out & ****-up & lost the original $multi-million Movistar sponsorship by allowing a clash with Repsol & Pedrosa et al. Now this shambles!

You have to now take seriously Casey Stoner’s several points about the “politics, rule-meddling & tinkering” that so frustrated & motivated his retirement. He isn’t the first. Kiwi ace, & fabulous entertainer, Graeme Crosby also walked away for similar reasons in 1982. Stoner claims the way to go is “simplify” via 750cc two-strokes of around 300 HP & no or very minimalist “TC & management controls”. He’d come back for that. Given the present Dorna debacle – he’s making more & more sense. Agreed?

Cheers 

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

WTF HAS DORNA DONE ...(1)???

A pedantic purist who appreciates pur sang machinery; I posted a couple of years back bemoaning the seemingly total capitulation of the FIM (the World body that is alleged to have the authority to write Rules & run the sport) to Carmelo Ezpeleta & Dorna. Since then, even worse!

A complete charade where Dorna simply create Rules as they go & to suit themselves. How contrary, difficult & frustrating for those trying to conform & compete? The FIM? Nowhere to be seen or heard. Bad enough with “production-type” 600cc four-strokes & lower spec than WSS (considerably less powerful) in Moto2. It may have produced good racing - BUT - Moto2 is our 2nd tier of the highest expression of motorcycle racing – the very peak & loftiest standards for rider & machine. Measuring the latter - seriously, Moto2 is really a bit of a joke. Au contraire – Moto3 is the duck’s nuts, IMHO.

CTR was also a joke & Dorna well-knew it. But now we have not 1 or 2 types, or spec of motorcycle in the MotoGP Class – but 3- WTF! Plainly, Dorna have colluded with Ducati, enraging both Yamaha & Honda who never suspected Ducati would blatantly manipulate the “Open” spec advantages as an “alleged” full fat Factory Team. Worse, it appears Ducati have also re-written codings on the Dorna/Magneti Marelli package – right out of order & bludgeons the difference between Factory & Open to death!

Honda acquiesced (as in 1996-2002 – at a huge loss - with the NSR500V twins) & built their 2014 RCV1000R “production racers” as asked. Yamaha didn’t. On this, Hayden is embarrassed, 2 seconds off the pace, while Espargaro looks stellar by comparison on an “alleged Open bike” – in reality a full fat 2013 spec YZR-M1 with Dorna’s far better than expected & tricky-**** software package. Forget the FTR & even the FORWARD tag here as the bike is Yamaha to the very last mm. This is unfair & farcical. Dorna are Rule-changing yet again - AFTER they already set the bar & the parameters for 2014. Frankly, my dears – this is just bullshit! 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What have they done?

Shafted all of the 'genuine' Open class teams, who were the old CRT teams.

The advatage of tyres and extra fuel was supposed to enable them to close the gap on the factory/satellite bikes whilst preparing the way for all bikes to use a standardised ECU package from 2017 with much less functionality and gimmickery than today's factory ECU.

In the original thinking, no-one saw Forward using a factory M1 and no-one saw Ducati taking the option of Open because they seem to have made it based upon Espargaro's results - which would probably never have happened if he'd been on an FTR chassis which was the original plan. Look where the 'genuine' Open, ex-CRT teams are on the timesheets - where they were last year.

Why have Dorna pushed for a standard ECU to reduce electronic assistance and reduce costs, now allowed a new version which seems to have virtually all of the functionality of the current factory ECU. MM have clearly stated they will include requests to add functions from all teams whilst saying that their new ECU is essentially Ducati's facotry ECU. The Open teams haven't the resource to make use of it so even though it's available to them, they don't know how to use it. To gain that knowledge will cost... which is what's supposed be reduced.

Dorna have screwed up and screwed the Open teams who are now having to compete against a full factory team and another running a factory M1. Which is what I said before and it's come to light that it seems to be complaints from the Open teams that Dorna have responded to with the Factory 2 class, not Honda and Yamaha

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Rainman

I must admit I was make a comment about that too, although I thought Gigi was giving his verdict by taking a wiz on Cals set up sheet "what-a the faaack eez dis monkey boy?" Instead it all came out a bit serious and sensible. I had to have a lie down afterwards.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

fck sake, so hungover

I missed 2 while words outta that! Nice  =)

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha ha

I can't even spell whole! Fk it, I'm going out on the bike

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So you're still too pissed to control a keyboard but you're going out on your bike

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices