Skip to content

Discuss This Harley-Davidson shows three new models New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Harley-Davidson shows three new models

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Harley-Davidson shows three new models

Harley-Davidson has shown three new models for 2014 with a new Low Rider, SuperLow 1200T and a Street Bob Special Edition. The three new models join a heavily revamped Harley-Davidson range which was headlined by the first stage of the new Project Rushmore bikes which were launched last year. Those models included the Road King, Electra Glide and Street Glide ranges. Low...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 192 days ago (10 March 2014 13:46)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

3 new hardly able sons eh what did john Deere have a few more spares around than usual oh well I guess the bloated toffs have got to ride something lol have you seen the price of a 99 half decent fat boy I wouldn't spend that on a new bike let alone a giant lawnmower with brakes from a tesco trolley and a front wheel off a chariot 

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

Meet the new Harley- same as the old Harley!

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

Harley Ferguson

I've been baffled for years as to how Harley change something minor, like different bars or "black crackle engine finish" and call it a new model.  

There are a few actual Harley models, with different engines and suspension etc. then the rest of the "range" is just minor variations on a theme, achieved with paint,  options and accessories, they are not different models in the true sense. 

Haven't ridden one for years, a new 883 Sportster in 1977 actually.  It vibrated so much the wiring connectors came apart and it broke down, more than once.  It didn't go, stop or handle either, never looked at one since.

Harley owners may spend a fortune on (mainly chinese made) Harley accessories making their bike look different to the others but the trouble is all the riders look the same!  I agree with some other comments, most are too up themselves or consider themselves too cool to acknowledge other bikers.  

Visit a Harley dealer on any other bike and, luckily you'll be ignored by the stereotypical dress-alike Harley crowd, leaving you free to try and work out how a naked V twin Sportster is£7k and a similarly naked but slightly larger V twin FatBoy is £16,195!

Reply to this Topic
TheReg

Jul 12

TheReg says:

It always amazes me to see the 'Bashin'  HD gets (mostly from peope who have never ridden one).....

One of, if not THE most successful motorcycle company on the planet (alongside BMW)....they must be doing something right. I have owned and ridden pretty much all brands over the last 43 years, including four Harley's....I have enjoyed them all - I own a 2012 Stelvio at present, which is a fantastic all purpose motorcycle....many people rubbish Guzzi's too....but again, they haven't lived!

Busterrabbit is probably right about the '77 sportster - I rode and older sporster once and, yeah, not pleasant - sort of like old Triumphs....pain in the arse and unreliable eh?, but there are some current models of Hrley I wouldn't buy even now....but, try a late model Road King for touring....unless you think you are Casey Stoner or The Doctor you might be pleasantly surprised.

I must confess to being an Aussie and I can undersdtand that riding a HD might not be as pleasant in the UK as it is here and in the USA. 

I agree most HD riders are there for the 'Show' factor....but own a late model - learn it and ride it hard, and much enjoyment is to be had. 

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

75%

75% of all Harleys sold are still on the road.

The rest made it home from the dealer.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Harleys, and their owners, usually seem to be in their own world. Either one "gets it" or they don't. But as mentioned below. When Harley brings out new models it's truly hard for the non-Harley riders to see what makes them new. At quick glance, and even a second or third, they all tend to look the same, save for a small detail here or a detail there. Oh well, that's Harley. Their baggers stand out some but even within them there are model variences. There isn't any other bike manufacturer that creates so many "models" from the same basic ingredient. Again, the Harley faithful don't seem to mind while those that aren't can't see it. 

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

TheReg

Ive ridden a few of them ( dont own one) and as a motorcycle their shite!   In that they dont handle, have no ground clearance, crap performance ,shite brakes and are nightmare to clean etc.   However a lot of people dont care and actualy enjoy cleaning a bike as much as riding one, and its a style / culture thing, and they dont feel the need to treat every journey as a  Isle of Man lap.they just like cruising around etc.  Good luck to them! However if you ever see one on my drive feel free to set it on fire, it couldnt possibly belong to me or any mate of mine!.                

Reply to this Topic
IronAss

Apr 14

IronAss says:

YAAAAAAWWWNN!

More of the same . . . !

Reply to this Topic
jimmuck

Nov 09

jimmuck says:

Wrong Paper

Obviously Mcn is the wrong paper to write about Harley's , I would love one but too poor to afford one, they do look all the same but so do modern sports bikes to the non interested.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices