Skip to content

Ask an Expert Which Bike for a shorty Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Which Bike for a shorty

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GaryGildea

Apr 05

GaryGildea says:

Which Bike for a shorty

My other half is looking to move up from her YBR125 to a bigger bike. She likes sports bikes but being 5ft 1 she struggles to reach the floor. She is on her tippy toes on a monster 695 but reckons will be a bit nervous on slow maneuvers. Any suggestions?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 206 days ago (10 March 2014 15:10)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Which Bike for a shorty

Have a look in the 400cc class. There are some seriously nice 400cc sports bikes - like the V4 Honda - and they are all diddy.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Has she tried

a Ninja 250? cracking little bikes or indeed the new 300?..fun, light and low, just what you need to build confidence :smile

Reply to this Topic
IsraelsRSV

Feb 11

IsraelsRSV says:

Lowering Kit

Hey mate. I often buy jack up kits, but it is the same idea. For most main stream modern bikes.For £25 you can have a lowering kit for the rear and just slide the forks throw the yokes to lower the front. Its not often that you have a woman riding as agressively as men, and lets face it 90% of men that ride sports bike have the big chicken strips either side of their tyres where they are to chicken to get the bike leaning to what its been made for. So it must be 1% of women that will use a sports bike to its full potential. So something like the Kawasaki ER6F or Suzuki SV650 would be ideal. They looks sporty and agressive, but is comfy, practical and the fact they are both 600 twin's means its no handful. And going from a 4 stroke single, she would probably prefer a twin to an inline 4. Still pretty quick though. In fact lowering kits open up your options massively

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Maybe she

could try a lowered Street Triple I am about that height and, apart from Harleys, it was one of the only bikes I could get both my feet down on. I tried a Monster first and found it taller then the Striple.I couldn't even get it off the side stand.

Reply to this Topic
GaryGildea

Apr 05

GaryGildea says:

Shorty

A lowering kit may be the way forward on a Street Triple. Good shout on the 400cc. They are getting a bit long in the tooth these days though

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices