Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks

Having just turned 40 and been racing motorcycles for longer than Marc Marquez has been on the planet, you’d think if anybody would find it difficult to embrace a new riding technique it would be Colin Edwards. But the experienced Texan is preparing to break old habits to try and be more competitive on the new Forward Yamaha Open class package...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 133 days ago (12 March 2014 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Druids

It doesn't make sense for someone who is used to write and read sh!t for sure, you should stick to the Legoland forum because M-C is too complicated a subject for you.

Bultoboy: Because according to you, there have been a Rossi and a Burgess to require the changes they made to the 2013 M1 when Ben Spies was there?

Rossi, Spies and the Espargaro brothers have one common point, and a very obvious one, they ride their bike on the front, so Spies struggling on Lorenzo bike from the time they increased the wheelbase mid-2011, has everything to do with Rossi struggling on 2013 and Pol/Aleix having less issues with their M1 since Yamaha made changes to it last season.

Fact is Pol can ride like Marquez and also adapt to a more balanced version of the M1, which is what Rossi seems to have this year, and next year there are strong possibilities that either Aleix or Pol are going to be on a full factory bike and in any case this year chassis.

When Yamaha Racing looks at the time sheets and see Marquez being faster in most sectors, they are not stupid and can see the reason why, especially with Rossi skills at developing bikes.

Last year Marquez couldn't manage tyres and race 100% on a new bike and new category or else he would have won 10 GP like Stoner in 2011, this year he is even more potentially dangerous for Yamaha.

They can't rely on him getting injured to retake the title so they have to make the bike faster where it was slower last year. Simple logic.

It shouldn't be necessary to point this out when people READ MCN or any other serious source about GP all year, apparently either your bunch doesn't or you really have a block with low-level technical matters.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

"It shouldn't be necessary to point this out when people READ MCN or any other serious source about GP all year"

Is that what a schizophrenic person needs to do when he undergoes a psychoanalysis, to speak to himself through a public forum ?

You're living such in a denial you can't even remember what Pol Espargaro said to MCN just 2 weeks ago.

“I still have to change everything because it is so different from Moto2. I have a lot to do and at the next test in Sepang I will try some different things. Many times I have my elbow on the ground with the lean angle and it destroys my leathers. I am out of the bike a lot, maybe too much. I have watched Jorge (Lorenzo) and I think his style is the way to go because he is the fastest Yamaha rider. Jorge picks up the bike so early and maybe this can help me a little bit."

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

interesting point about Rossi and Spies they were both riding a very sweet handling yamaha and lost the plot because they were unable to keep up with Lorenzo then switched to Ducati and sh*t themselves. I can only imagine what they went through lying awake nights wishing they were back on "Lorenzo's" M1.

It's poor old Toseland I feel for he got gun shy and never even got the chance to try the Ducati! He does get to ride Katie Melua so I won't feel too sorry for him

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So not only can Quasimoto not tell the difference between

a 990cc, 800cc or one litre M1, now he can't even tell the difference between the Espargaro brothers. He's beyond help.

Every single fuggin' rider on the planet is a front end rider, if you don't have confidence in the front there is no way to go fast.  Through all that CEII waffle the only bit that made any sense was  At the end of the day, the way it wants to be ridden means you are taking less risks and the times are faster.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

as much as I like colin its time to hang up the leathers 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Once more De Grasse

You cannot understand a point that's being made.

You responded to what Edwards said (I wish I could understand what he was on about)

You used it as another opportunity to try and convince anyone stupid enough that it was proof of your theories on the M1 - that only Lorenzo could ride the 2011, 2012 and 2013 bikes (we'll leave aside the results that thee Tech3 riders got on them - the best results ever achieved on satellite Yams)

It was pointed out that Alex Espargaro is currently riding a 2013 M1 and seems to be going very well on it. He even said they made some set up changes which made a big difference to the way the bike handled in the Qatar test - contrary to what you maintain, that the bike doesn't respond to set up changes.

So what style does Espargaro (that's ALEX) use? According to your last rambling comment, he rides on the front. Edwards says this bike can't be ridden on the front. They're on the same bike - a 2013 M1. Not a 2014 M1

Spot the contradiction - someone is wrong - who?

Which is why most of the theories spouted around about riding styles are bollocks.

Don't mention Marquez, Rossi. Lorenzo, Pol Espargoaro or anyone else. This is nothing to do with them - just the two Forward riders who are miles apart at the moment in terms of lap times on the same bike.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Colin.......

Your balls 'aint as big as they used to be bud. It happens to us all. Change your style all you like etc etc but nothing's gona 'get back the sack' that you had in your twenties. And that's the way the cookie crumbles. If it didn't, we'd still be watching Ago along with many many others.  

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

TT

Colin is not bothered about his bollox or your bollox PC!

Colin is enjoying his life unlike some of the sad people on here.He still thoroughly enjoys racing motorcycles and is one of the best and funniest characters in that paddock.
He knows far more than any of the clowns on here about how to ride and deserves respect not abuse.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

How about you Buelli

Given the bitchy nature and Maxwell Smart content of your MCN posts, what do you deserve?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Buelli Beulli Boo-li

Kinda struggling to find any 'abuse' i gave Colin tbh. Just an honest view from a man equally in his 40's who wishes that he could still achieve what he could back in the day. Is a reference to 'shrinking balls as the years go by' more relevant to you than me?

No need to reply as we all know the answer bud.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices