Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: Teaching an old dog new tricks

Having just turned 40 and been racing motorcycles for longer than Marc Marquez has been on the planet, you’d think if anybody would find it difficult to embrace a new riding technique it would be Colin Edwards. But the experienced Texan is preparing to break old habits to try and be more competitive on the new Forward Yamaha Open class package...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 228 days ago (12 March 2014 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bob

I think I did just give my opinion.   i just think it's unfair to single out Edwards there are quite a few other names who you could say shouldn't be there but then it's only my opinion I don't have the insight and knowledge that the team managers have. 

To name but a few .... De Puniet, Aoyama, Barbera, De Meglio, Abraham and a few others shouldn't be there either.  

Reply to this Topic
l8apex

Nov 13

l8apex says:

WTF bob?

There's a reason why Rossi wanted to hang onto Edwards for as long as he could, and it was simply that his development skills were/are excellent. Edwards was Rossi's testing bitch. Ever notice when Edwards was on the factory team he would do well in practice and qualifying only to be down in the order come race day? To put it simply Bob, if you want to go by merit on people who should or shouldn't be there, the list is rather long. Along with the five names already mentioned by Saturn, you also have Crutchlow who never should have had a shot (at least he proved he deserves to be there), Smith who has yet to prove he belongs, Petrucci, Parks and Laverty. Doesn't leave much of a grid does it? Although I believe that Smith sincerely never deserved a shot a GP, I accept the fact that the owners know more than me, perhaps you should as well.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Sweet Merciful Jesus!

Listen you pair of retards, this is a story about Edwards.

Given his history, opportunities and results, he is easily the worst performing rider on the grid, I don't give a flying fk who is the second, fifth or ninth worst, discuss it somewhere else.

Development skills? Absolute heresay! ANY quick rider can test parts and you are confusing the two roles. Why didn't Flo want Stoner as his team mate in 2007? Pretty bloody obvious really and what a favour he did the lad eh?

How and why on earth would you use a much slower rider to develop the setup of a bike you can ride faster? Pull your head out of your date and get a clue.

Yes Saturn you replied but for all we know it's because you don't like his accent. You argue for the sake of it despite the probability you have the same opinion as I do. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Bob Butt

Sweet Merciful Bob!

At long last an accurate post with validity on all points mentioned. Particularly relevant, I thought, being your comment regarding Col's development skills. More he talks a good job than actually performs such.

Bill.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I'm an aetheist Bob

I wouldn't ask sweet merciful Jesus for anything - particularly on subjects concerning Motogp.

And while we're about it since when did you ever stick to the thread subject ? You usually drag the conversation down to your lowest common denominator .... Rossi Bashing!

You ask the question ''why would they use a slower rider for his development skiills .... I don't know mate  it's a mystery ... the fact is that each year someone offers him a contract.   So again I say there must some benefit to him being employed!     The guy has more experience than anyone except Rossi.    He may not be able to ride the bike fast any more but he might .. just might .. be able to identify problems quickly and accurately.   All the factories employ test/development riders most of whom are not top flight racers and to test a bike under race conditions is probably more useful for feedback and data.

Before you start again these are only thoughts and opinions ... as an aetheist I don't preach or deliver sermons!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

You really are clueless Saturn.

What do you think the money a paying rider contributes is used for ffs? Do you think this is the first team propped up by a paying rider?

Jeez it's hard explaining things to you dumb f***s, but I'll try an analogy.

In Oz many tradesmen and companies hire apprentices from apprenticeship training groups. These tradies then receive kickbacks from the govt for putting the effort into training these young people. In reality, they are paid handsomely to use slave labour from modern day blackbirders and charge unsuspecting Joe Public full trade rates for 3rd grade work.

Transpose the roles and apart from where the money comes from, the result is similar. Obviously you're a fkn aetheist, the big bloke upstairs would never own up to creating such a dumb cu**.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Bob the Bully

Bob you really need help.Why do you insist on putting others down all the time?

I imagine it stems from maybe being bullied when you were a child and now you seem to have serious psychological issues.

You obviously have some knowledge of bike racing but we are all entitled to our opinions whether they are right or wrong but that does not give you the right to belittle nearly every poster and some riders.

Go and get help please.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bobby Shafto

You've answered your own question you daft bug*er.

Buelli - some Neanderthals are beyond help!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Stop being a bloody softc*** Buelli. Idiots deserve to be called idiots and where I'm from, you'd get pulled into line pretty bloody quick if you made some of the fanciful and unsupported claims I can read EVERY day on this site.

It is no coincedence that the vast majority of those come from Valentino Rossi fans and I am truly sorry you feel threatened by my opinions.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

quote ... where I come from you'd get pulled in line pretty bloody quick ... unquote.

Yep just as I thought Neanderthals.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices