Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki: Rossi not a candidate for 2015 ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki: Rossi not a candidate for 2015 ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki: Rossi not a candidate for 2015 ride

Suzuki boss Davide Brivio has admitted it will be highly unlikely for the Japanese factory to convince Valentino Rossi to spearhead its MotoGP return in 2015. Suzuki is currently extensively testing its new 1000cc machine ahead of a full-time return to MotoGP competition in 2015. With two sought after factory seats available, it has long been speculated that Rossi’s close relationship with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 254 days ago (13 March 2014 09:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Lowes

brothers. Now there's a thought.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Lowes Bros.

Would be great to see those two on factory rides, however i don't see it happening next year. I think it will probably end up being E Laverty and De Puniet (Christ knows how he is still riding). As much as i would love to see someone replace De Puniet, I imagine Suzuki will end up signing him to race for them.

But hey what do i know, could end up signing Marquez if Honda do end up pulling out of MotoGP haha!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

What if B.T sport

became the main sponsor of Suzuki. British Telecom backs British talent. Marketing dream that would get people signing up in their droves.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hopefully the bike is 50% better than anything out there, cause if Flo gets his ham fists on it, Suzuki are gonna need a hell of a head start!

Funny how it's as if 2011/12 never happened for some, isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Laverty and RDP would be obvious choices. I'm not sure RDP would be my choice but I can understand why they will want to keep him as he has been testing the bike and they will likely want some continuty in their first season.At the end of the day though it all comes down to sponsorship, who's available and how serious Suzuki are. It would be unlikely for them to attract a top flight rider and the necessary sponsorship if they choose the 'Open' route. 

regardless of how you or I rate them some other possiblities could be.

Hopper- back racing (god knows how), seems to be able to attract sponsors and being American could help his chances.

Bautista-Did well for Suzuki in the past and I think he may be out of a ride next season. His seat likely going to Nakagami at Hondas request and cost. Again will probably come with a wedge of Spanish gold.

Redding- I can't see Honda stepping him up to a sattelite ride next year and the RCV is too asthmatic to give him much of a chance of a decent showing this year. Could be a good shout.

Dovi/Crutchlow- If Ducati don't sort it this year they will both be looking to jump ship. Yes, I know Cal isn't out of contract but he will likley have a performance clause allowing him or Ducati to break the contract at the end of the season. Either woud signal Suzuki are making a serious effort.

Last one before I get ripped into for talking speculative nonsense.

Real, real long shot here......

.Ben Spies. If Ben has managed to get his head straight and if he has managed to get himself fit he may just feel he has unfinished buisness in Motogp. If he did decide to make a comeback he should be able to attract decent sponsors from the American market and Dorna would welcome back as he should help maintain/raise the profile of Motogp in the USA. Not very likely I agree. His last two season in Motogp were painful to watch he really did seem broken when he left but I also feel we never actually saw the best of Spies.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Sorry

I forgot one more.

Aleix Espargaro- The boys flying at the moment and will definatley attract decent sponsorship.

....now you may let the slagging commence

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

BT Sponsorship

That is a good shout actually Alex, the other PPV channels for other countries have all backed teams BT is the only one that hasn't. Maybe they have held off for a year in order to back Suzuki when they return? Now that would really be a fantastic result for the Brits!

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Spot on diceman

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

What about

Kevin Schwantz ,he's always after a job and failing that Dovi should be looking to complete his stint with every manufacturer,Jeez there are more riders than machinery by a long chalk so why would they want or need to recycle old tat they have a great up coming talent in Alex Lowes on their books already, an experienced other rider and him would be ideal or how about paying Jorge some serious wedge to come on board that would set the cat amongst the pigeons or lets hope a certain Australian fella is bored shitless and wants a challenge ,but whatever happens they won't be short of riders for it ,not when you look at the junk some of them are fighting to circulate on

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

There's only one man for the job

De Grasse

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN