Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

waring about a bike garage

hi all 

do any body on hear use 2 brothers motorcyle services andover wiltshire? 

they dont seen to mot bike well and pass bike that should not be on the road .
the 2rd hand bike i got had a mot there in sep but the rear brake done not work properly and wont slow the bike at speed and the indicators flash to fast. its done under 600miles sinces the last mot and wont pass again til i get the rear brake fixed.

i wont be going there again for my mots even thought its 5mins walk from my work.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 133 days ago (16 March 2014 09:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

MOT

Out of interest, why take a bike for an MOT in that condition anyway? It doesn't seem to make much sense taking a bike for an MOT when you expect it to fail.  

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

M.O.T.& service

bmwgs, I`m surprised at you being a gold member like I and M.M,

A M.O.T. or service does not mean your vehicle is fit for the road for another 12months,

the rider/driver is responsible for the vehicles condition. 

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

the last owner took the bike to be moted were it passed then rode it home and it sat in his garage til i bought it from him about 4wks ago

the garage fixed the fork seals plus sorted the rear light but passed it with a shit brake

i will be fixing the brake and any think other that brake from now til the next mot at a diffrent garage.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Caveat emptor.

Not many rear brakes will meet your expectation of slowing a bike at speed. The brake could have passed last time but the intervening 600 miles have done for it. Does it just need pads? You've only got the previous owner's word that the indicators were flashing fast at the last MOT. You bought the bike from him anyway, not from the bike shop you've mentioned.  Honestly it doesn't sound as though you have good cause to complain about the MOT place.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Motorcycles have rear brakes?

Did not know that.  :blink:

Except Harley-Davidson's of course - use the front brake on those and you will crash.  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

Efficiency

of the rear brake can deteriorate whilst stood still. No matter how many miles it hasn't done since the MOT.

Common sense would suggest you check your bike over after its been stood for any amount of time. Especially bulbs and brakes...... 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"Efficiency of the rear brake can deteriorate whilst stood still."

Only if the brake fluid is leaking out or air/moisture getting in, for this amount of time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices