Skip to content

Discuss This Success for Triumph Explorer in RiDER Power survey General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Success for Triumph Explorer in RiDER Power survey

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Success for Triumph Explorer in RiDER Power survey

The great British biking public have voted, and now the results are in: the winner of RiDER Power 2014 is the Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer. Owners of the big three-cylinder adventure-touring bike have given it the top score in RiDE magazine’s huge satisfaction survey. Thousands of motorcyclists took part, rating their own bike’s performance, handling, build quality, dealer support, running costs,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 188 days ago (19 March 2014 08:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Doug45

Mar 08

Doug45 says:

I've had mine for almost 2 years, great bike for me, although it has had two re-calls. ECU and Cylinder Head. Only thing I don't like is the capping of power in 5th and 6th gears, but I only really noticed that when I was crossing Europe last year. Recommended!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Doug45...

At 2 years you may have done a lot of miles... 2 years was 40,000 miles on my bike & it did need 1 warranty repair. But in reality most bikes will just about have made it past their 1st proper service in the 2 years since the Explorer's release. I see a lot of a certain type of bike on the roads every day of the year... & they ain't Explorers... yet... give it time.

Still... good to see such positive feedback on a British marque. Long may it continue.

Reply to this Topic
Doug45

Mar 08

Doug45 says:

Hedgehog, your mileage is about three times what I managed, but I probably still do more than average, despite working away for half the year.

As for the re-calls, at least they're honest about it, they could easily have said nothing and let the warranty lapse, leaving owners helpless.

Reply to this Topic
100milesaway

Mar 09

100milesaway says:

Explorer

WHAT   Is somebody having a laugh?. A mate of mine has one 12 months old, and already it has had a cylinder head repair, that didn't work so it went back to the factory for a new one. The throttle position sensor has failed, it has had a recall on the ECU, had a new centre stand, and a new exhaust. If this is the top bike I dread to think what the competition is like.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Well done Triumph, nice to see something other than the Ewan/Charlie bike winning. One request though, Adventure bike riders, please stop wearing that ridiculous grey outfit, you look stupid. 

Reply to this Topic
cooperman1955

Nov 09

Yes, congrats Triumph, well deserved.

My 9 month old Explorer is well put togther and a fantastic ride.

A bit top-heavy for <5mph but="" what="" an="" engine,="" it="" pulls="" like="" a="" train="" from="" 1500="">

Getting 50-55 mpg and a BIG grin every trip. Could do with a bigger display for clock etc.

Love the little things like self-cancelling indicators, traction control and cruise control.

Try it out, you WILL want one, I'm sure!

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Expected

You only have to look at the reader profile of RIDE magazine to know what the winner will be. Has it ever not be a Touring, Top heavy, Barge Sized Behemoth of a bike with a tank the size of Tracy Island? 

No I thought not. Good luck to Triumph on this one and the Explorer is clearly a popular bike, but when 80% of the readership only ride one of two makes of machine, the result I could wriet for the next 5 years. 

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

triumph

Well done Triumph, but I'm afraid I am with Sundayroast on this one. Where I live in south devon there are still sports bikes everywhere not new ones but used ones. These tourers are just ridicilously huge, top heavy and lardy for most people

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

100milesaway!!!

You can't slag them off with just one poor example. The voting is done by the biking public sending in their votes with their experiences. Yes, there has been problems with the first 600 bikes needing cylinder head work and others needing the ECU reprogramming but they are all done quickly and efficiently by the dealers. A friend of mine who took his in said they even put him free extras on whilst it was in for repair, how many other manufacturers do that?  BMW would be bankrupt if they did that for all the repair work they have had to do. Never in my 40 years of biking have I known 4 of my mates all buying the same bike as in the Explorer, and they are all chuffed to bits with it.

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

Im afraid i wont be covinced until i see an over indulged, over priviliged celebrity riding a free one on a spurious trip to affirm their own pointless existence ha ha

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices