Skip to content

Discuss This Movistar Yamaha colours revealed! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Movistar Yamaha colours revealed!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Movistar Yamaha colours revealed!

The Yamaha MotoGP team have unveiled their new livery today at Qatar, with Movistar returning to MotoGP as a title sponsor after a gap of a number of years. The colour scheme is very busy, after previous sponsors Monster demanded more fairing space. The teamw ere originally running under a Yamaha livery, which in effect gave Monster pride of place, and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 127 days ago (19 March 2014 13:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oh dear....

Way too busy! Too many crazy font green M's everywhere! Who approved this?

No, really I am pleased Yamaha have found a long awaited title sponsor, but bad luck aye? I can see why Monster were unhappy but by demanding more space the green M's just clash. They won't be very recognizable at a distance. Looks like a privateer team with 100 quid a pop advertising space.

All the giant green M's would still be horrible but I reckon to make them recognizable on long TV shots they should try the American yellow and black Yam colours or even red and white. That is just shite.

Jorge is looking more grown up in that pic and defo the top man.

Ciao Mama's!

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Last years bike

It is basically last years bike with Movistar painted over it, i actually liked the pre season white better than this. Happy they have got a main sponsor though that is the main thing.

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

A terrible effort

I can see at least three places they could have crammed in another sticker.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Monster unhappy?

Yes, but they're not being very pragmatic about the scenario if that is the case then are they? They would've well known Yamaha have been chasing a bigger bucks team naming rights sponsor. Monster have done very well to have the coverage they did for a year 'on the cheap'.

If either corporate should be unhappy then you'd think it was Movistar. Both corporates seem to share fairing 'acreage'. Movistar's only advantage being top billing despite forking out a larger dollop of €'s. But then they signed off on the scheme I should imagine.

Glad to see Yamaha receive a bit more contributing coin from an external sponsor. Still too much yellow on one of those bikes though!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Meant to say

JL´s appears to have been hitting the bottle pretty hard of late. The REGAIN bottle that is. A seemingly thick and lustrous mop atop a bonce which used to suggest a hairline going down the Smith route.

Kind of surprised he hasn't pulled most of it out again after his topsy turvy pre-season though.

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

definatley preffered the pre season bike as its basically last years paint job with movistar stuck on.

Jorge has definatley had the hair replacement surgery!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

That's what it is.... the hair!

Well spotted, it is Jorge's hair that looks odd. He is best buddies with Vale's mate Max Biaggi, a man known for being way too concerned about his thinning bonce.

If I had either those skills or that money let alone both I would care less if I had a count dracula or even a Toby Moody hair line!

Ciao Mama's

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Come a long way since Repsol 02, Lucky Strike, Gibernau's Movistar. What a mash up

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Not much time...

For the designers to put that together in fairness.  Maybe they'd had a heavy night and told to sign it off by end of day before Jorges hair fell out again?  It looks like they just planted the 'M' where there was some space and left it there.  However It looks absolutely crap.  On the subject of Bradders hair - that's Darwins theory right there.  Get rid of the ginger hair to survive.  He's gonna rock it this year on that Tech 3 machine. 

Back to the rubbish Movistar paint job... Compare it to Pata Hondas awesome WSB color scheme.  Gorge.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices