Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha deny Jorge Lorenzo Open test request MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha deny Jorge Lorenzo Open test request

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha deny Jorge Lorenzo Open test request

Jorge Lorenzo believes he would have a better chance of winning back the premier class crown on Aleix Espargaro’s Open-spec Yamaha YZR-M1. Lorenzo is adamant that the Forward Racing YZR-M1, which can utilise four more litres of fuel and extra soft Bridgestone tyres, would be more of a title threat than his factory prototype machine. Forward Racing rider Espargaro has been the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 165 days ago (19 March 2014 16:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Interesting

Seems like Lorenzo is interested in the open class now, could this be a factor in deciding who he will be riding for next year?  As i have said many times before i would love to see JL on a repsol honda, i think JL and MM would be the absolute dream team! We could see some awesome battles just like we used toget between JL and VR back in 2008/9!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

here we go, he's not happy, is this the first bit of trouble that will mean he will be leaving for Honda next year??

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If Yamaha gave an unequivocal "No"

Then we can pretty much imagine what HRC's reply would be. Will those Letter of Intent rumours about JL & Corse start to spring up once more I wonder?

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

HOW COME

How come the best riders next year could be on the slower machines? DORNA have dropped a real clanger with this years rules, Are they in Hondas pockets? because Danny and Mark seem to be OK. It would have made sense for every bike to be open class to save money and promote close racing or is this to easy? Unless the soft tyre gives out in a race I can see Alex aspagoro winning the championship or as a long shot Dovi. DORNA should listen to what the riders want not what Honda want   

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

I suppose

I can try to understand stock vs. factory software as a way to control costs, but what % of total team budget is this difference?

However, the 5 vs 12 engines seems good on paper, but if the reality is that the factories control and regulate (withold?) improvements over the season, then how much of an advantage is that?  I'll keep an eye on Aoyama/Hayden "improvements".

Extra fuel of course is an advantage and I agree with for Open class bikes.  But when it comes to tires I think all tires should be available to everyone.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

These are Regs are a complete mess and make a mockery of MotoGP. Factory bikes slower than open bikes but open bikes should mean less regs but then that should be factory??? 

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Ratchetman

You must of missed this. Not what Honda want.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/201242/1/motogp-announces-control-ecu-from-2016.html

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

All factories are going 'Open' in 2016, so unless Yamaha fail to provide what he believes a competitive enough bike then I can't see Jorge jumping ship.

However as we've see, much can change throughout the season, I for one am intrigued.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Not good

for Jorge, going into the first race with a negative feeling that he should be on another bike !!!. Mind games and team mates spring to mind.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Where are they all

Seems strange that the orange pantie brigade aren't out in force...........now if Rossi had said this and not JL, they would be all over this article like a rash and then come up with a limp story that they don't hate him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices