Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha deny Jorge Lorenzo Open test request MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha deny Jorge Lorenzo Open test request

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha deny Jorge Lorenzo Open test request

Jorge Lorenzo believes he would have a better chance of winning back the premier class crown on Aleix Espargaro’s Open-spec Yamaha YZR-M1. Lorenzo is adamant that the Forward Racing YZR-M1, which can utilise four more litres of fuel and extra soft Bridgestone tyres, would be more of a title threat than his factory prototype machine. Forward Racing rider Espargaro has been the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 135 days ago (19 March 2014 16:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Ah but Rossi didn't say it did he. Rossi is working well with his new crew chief, keeping his head down and posting some very impressive laptimes. 

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

Firebird3,

Well... JL has won 8 races last year, and is entitled to say or demand certain stuff. Until Rossi starts winning consistently, some will always tend to believe he is making excuses. After all, he did try to lead us in to believing the lack of pace during his first year on the Ducati was mostly due to a weak shoulder.

Then again, some will believe JL has started to complain even before the first race.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Who cares whether Lorenzo won 8 races last year

Didn't you know it's nothing compared to the winter tests ? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Think I'd rather have won 8 races last year than be 'quick' in winter testing..........

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

I was being sarcastic

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Yamaha should have said yes and we'll let Espargaro test your bike Jorge.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hey...

Fireturd, in a way you are correct however, Flo had a go at different bikes and had great success on great bikes, unfortunately the greatest and most anticipated move of his career turned to sh1t in a big way when we were left with the ducati legacy that will ultimately define his career. He might have gotten away with it had the duc not had such great success immediately prior with such an enigmatic personality.

George has a few years yet but his ultimate test will also be to achieve success elsewhere without an embarrassing Flo/Duc type episode . Unfortunately the clusterf*** the series is in due to the senility and ignorant self indulgence of Ezpeleta, threatens to jeopardise the significance of ANY future results. It's for bragging rights only from now on in, the only significance comes from comparing team mate to team mate because there are simply too many variables otherwise and that's a real shame.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Espargaro who..??

Jorge reckons he'd be over a second quicker on last years mackled up satellite bike run by poverty stricken Forward.

A few paltry litres of fuel and a soft tyre blows the electronics scam out the water.

Aleix is no alien in waiting..10 years in the paddock & 140 races without a single pole, fast lap or win. Without his Dad's money he'd be flipping burgers.

Great work by Carmelo reigning in the dice loading Nips, hopefully we'll get some proper racing come 2016..preferably minus the MSMA's corrupt influence stinking up the place. 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

What i can't understand...

...is if every bike has got to be a "open" entry by 2016, why the hell aren't Yamaha and Honda starting to test and develop? If you knew this was the future of the sport it seems pretty ridiculous to not start developing for that. But i suppose the factories still think they control the sport and will get their own way in the end!

And Bob Rossi will be defined by his years at Ducati? You are telling me the man with the most premier class wins EVER will be remembered for a two year stint at Ducati? I somehow doubt that, Rossi hasn't been what he used to be, maybe he will get it back maybe he won't. Whatever the outcome however he will be remember as the greatest of all time.

Before anyway says it i know Agostini has more race wins overall, but this was achieved in a time when you could ride in every class every weekend.

Reply to this Topic
l8apex

Nov 13

l8apex says:

"Before anyway says it i know Agostini has more race wins overall, but this was achieved in a time when you could ride in every class every weekend."............................... Rossi has had 294 race starts to date, compared to Agostini's 186. Not to mention they were running 7-9 rounds per year compared to today. You decide.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices