Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro tops first session of 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro tops first session of 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro tops first session of 2014

Aleix Espargaro has capitalised on his knowledge of the Qatar circuit gained from last week’s test absent of the factory riders to finish the first day of the 2014 season top of the timesheets, finishing nearly half a second clear of second placed Alvaro Bautista. In fact, the non-factory riders almost filled the whole first two rows, with Dani Pedrosa the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 127 days ago (20 March 2014 18:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Well, who'd of thought it eh!

..It was such an odd session not having the usual suspects at the top of the time sheets. I guess things will change tomorrow given the factory boys missed the recent Qatar test, but if Lorenzo's demeanour is anything to go by, maybe not!..

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

FP1....

Just watched FP1 and great to hear Mr Ryder and Mr Huewen commentating with a little insight from JT.
Funny hearing Jules calling Keith Toby occasionally but great to hear people talking about Moto GP that actually know something about it instead of some of the idiots on here!

As for positions hard to say but Jorge is obviously struggling at the moment.Good to see Smith putting in a good effort though.

Also notice the big improvement with the Ducati.
Oh no I forget it was bulto that said it had improved.
Whats the betting Crutchlow crashes out on sunday? hopefully uninjured.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

I know you struggle to make any relevant comments about what actually happens on track, but in your haste to have your usual little dig, you forgot to look at 4th place

As for the commentary, the inability of either to take a breath meant they constantly talked over each other and barely finished a sentence, let alone the point they were trying to make.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So the 2013 spec Yams are ahead of the 2014 factory bikes. Espargaro 1.3s ahead and didn't use a soft tyre to do it from what I could see. Wonder what a certain gasbag has to say about that.

Factory teams will probably close up as the weekend progresses but Espararo has been consistently quick all through testing, so Sunday's race could prove very interesting. Tech3 bikes look good too.

Wonder if Yamaha are writing a cheque right now to pay whatever is needed to get Forward back using an FTR chassis and snatch their own back...... They must be wondering what the fck they've done...

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Aleix has slain the works boys

Just like Stoner used to..... he is so fast he has the title in the bag! Might as well give it to him tomorrow if he keeps this up! GO FORWARD!

Ciao Mama's!

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

What a strange

session.  Would have not thought the lack of Losail practice for factory bikes would cause this.  We'll see tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

bt commentry

keith hwen needs to hand jules some respect.. over talking, interupting, rude obnoctiouse, jules forgot more than hewen knows. bring back toby n thats sayin something.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Give Espargaro the credit he's due

Aleix Espargaro has capitalised on his knowledge of the Qatar circuit gained from last week’s test absent of the factory riders to finish the first day of the 2014 season top of the timesheets

A bit unfair and detracting from a good performance. All of the top 5 were present at the test last week. He's got 1st place on merit.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Of course bulto

I should have known they were rubbish and you could do far better.You really are a conceited clown.I really enjoyed hearing KH(again) + JR as I am sure many others did.
Of course I noticed who was in fourth and it was not Dovi the rider you said had made big improvements.

Saturn not sure if you can view but there is a program about Hailwood on BT sports on Wednesday at
9 30pm.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

PROTOTYPE BIKE

Am i right in thinking that Bradley is the best prototype bike. If so realy good effort

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices