Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro tops first session of 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro tops first session of 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro tops first session of 2014

Aleix Espargaro has capitalised on his knowledge of the Qatar circuit gained from last week’s test absent of the factory riders to finish the first day of the 2014 season top of the timesheets, finishing nearly half a second clear of second placed Alvaro Bautista. In fact, the non-factory riders almost filled the whole first two rows, with Dani Pedrosa the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 185 days ago (20 March 2014 18:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Could be

More than just Jarvis ripping Bridgestone a new hole. As well as Lorenzo and Rossi, seems the Ducati boys and Pedrosa aren't too chuffed with it either, all claiming no grip.

Just seen the latest reports on the session which confirmed Espargaro used the soft tyre at the end. Damned if I could see the coloured band on the TV and the informative commentary (eh Buell...) never mentioned he was out on the soft.

He still ran an impressive time on the hard tyre though

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

What a strange session indeed! I happened to catch the BT feed off the internet last night. I'd rather listen to James Whitham and Steve Parrish than that arse-hat Huewen. The guy knows f@ck-all about bikes and racing and constantly talked over Julian Ryder. Oh but he did have marvellous insight about how wonderful the paint-schemes were, how intense Rossi's eyes looked through the visor and how amazing the new 3D map looked. I don't mind Julian Ryder, but basically you've got two gas-bags in the commentary and they're just going to be talking over each other all year. I think I'll try to catch the Brazilian or Polish feeds instead, at least you can hear the engines a bit more.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

I liked Iannone today

Pretty solid pace overall, kid got dealt a pretty bad hand  with that piece of crap of a bike last year, not  fair for a rookie campaign.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Yeah, Iannone was looking pretty good today. Must give Cal and Dovi encouragement.

Don't think Marquez would have taken so many rookie records last year if he had been in Iannone's place...

Reply to this Topic
MotoJimmyP

Mar 14

MotoJimmyP says:

You Kidding?

@CBR11X

You cannot be serious. Keith knows nothing about Motorbikes? Tell me, how long have you been following Motorcycle Racing? Keith was a teammate of Barry Sheene. A BSB rider. Not to mention he spent the entire nineties commentating on World Superbikes with Ryder. They were the voices of Superbikes, the Fogarty era etc. He has also commentated on MotoGP races in the early 2000's now and then, and used to commentate on the Isle of Man TT. 

So yeah...your're right...he must know nothing about bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Yep

One can think we're Honda apologists regarding the factory 2 farce, but I'm sure most of us wish to Ducati nothing but better results. 

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

MotoJimmyP

I've probably been following the sport for two and half decades, so I really don't give a **** about Huewen's background. My judgement of a commentators worth is based solely on what they say. I've listened to him commentating SBK in the past, and I heard him last night. He sounds like a douche-bag with nothing relevant to say. His ego is stratospheric, and he seems to want to one-up his co-commentators. If he had anything insightful to say it'd be a different story. The best he could muster last night was about how the bugs and grit damage the paint work of the bikes, but that there are less of them in Qatar as the course marshalls did a great job sweeping before the event. The fact he has a background in racing is even more damning. How could someone, who raced with Barry Sheene and rode in the BSB, have so little of substance to say about the sport they're a supposed expert in? I'm just glad I don't subscribe to BT, at least that way I can choose to listen to a foreign feed where they let you hear the engines and ambient noise a bit more.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Cool as a cucumber - bodes well

Rossi cool as a cucumber. Nice. Guess he's just happy to be faster than Yamaha prodigy Lorenzo and not on an evil handling Ducati. 

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

To be fair, Rossi is not really faster than Lorenzo

he just set all his best partials in one lap when Lorenzo lost 2 tenths on his ideal time. Lorenzo is even a bit faster when both posted 4 laps consecutively. To sum it up, they both are in a similar sh*t. 

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Wouldn't get too excited ladies

This won't matter too much come qualifying.  Then we'll see....

Like a bat.  In a cave.  With some other bats. OK, I don't like batman... so what?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices