Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro holds off factory bikes to stay P1 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro holds off factory bikes to stay P1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro holds off factory bikes to stay P1

Aleix Espargaro was top of the time sheets in yet another mixed up day at Qatar, with the top factory bike of Marc Marquez barely making an impression on the front end of the grid. Espargaro continued his domination of the grid to finish 0.413 ahead of privateer Ducati of Andrea Iannone, with Alvaro Bautista in third. Andrea Dovizioso was fourth,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 133 days ago (21 March 2014 19:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

The factory sponsors must be going mental. Why are the motorcycle journos almost to a fault relying on the fact that bs have made a race tyre that won't go race distance?? Now satellites aside, is anyone else doing well or is it the rules?? I am horrocksed if I know..

Reply to this Topic
GlennEagle

Mar 14

GlennEagle says:

12th for Crutchlow - that's an improvement upon 13th.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Shake Up

This is indeed the weirdest free practice in more than 10 years if ever.   Surely it must be a tyre thing, the new rules are too fresh to have made any difference at this stage.  Level playing field ??? At this moment it's a massive tilt.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

As you say Hugelean - the mega sponsors that back the best riders in the factory teams must be ecstatic at this!  Its a total mess. The only concelaion is that if the soft tyres only last three laps then they are effectively qualifiers and I can't see them ever using them in a race. 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Apparently

The difference in lap time between the softer tyre and the race tyre is about 1 second - that's what I hear about Dovi's times.  The softer tyres are sure going to shake up the starting grid though - should be a very exciting first few laps.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Is it possible .... ?

Is it possible a quality rider like Aleix Esp could qualify front row on those softies, of course! Also could (at this odd ball track / night race) Forward employ the soft tyre strategy to put some serious distance into the factory boys at the start and then try "manage" wasted tyres at the end hoping to hold off enough of the hounds to get some podium exposure.

The other potential result of him getting an early gap is it could force mistakes / crashes by one or two works riders (I know these guys rarely make let alone get forced into errors) as even the coolest of these cats may feel panicky if he disappears too far in the distance at the start. After all they just are not used to seeing that sort of thing happent nowadays.

Just sayin' ???????

Ciao Mama's!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Matt Birt's Tweet tonight

http://tl.gd/n_1s131nk    Interview with Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Iannone 2nd, Bautista 3rd

I'm loving it

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

The Yamaha riders are in real trouble with the new tyre

David Emmett just said Bridgestone will bring a new medium tyre for Le Mans.. But please someone tells Rossi Aleix's top speed is 11 km/h slower than his own.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Druids

read my link (a couple of posts down)  Rossi explains it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices