Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro holds off factory bikes to stay P1 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro holds off factory bikes to stay P1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Espargaro holds off factory bikes to stay P1

Aleix Espargaro was top of the time sheets in yet another mixed up day at Qatar, with the top factory bike of Marc Marquez barely making an impression on the front end of the grid. Espargaro continued his domination of the grid to finish 0.413 ahead of privateer Ducati of Andrea Iannone, with Alvaro Bautista in third. Andrea Dovizioso was fourth,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 186 days ago (21 March 2014 19:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GlennEagle

Mar 14

GlennEagle says:

AE a quality rider? Someone hasn't been watching MotoGP for long. 

Reply to this Topic
GlennEagle

Mar 14

GlennEagle says:

or don't see/understand what they're watching.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

How many BSB champs you see in GP's Glenn?

I didn't mean Aleix is a Pedrosa / Lorenzo / Marquez. Although his consistant performance preseason has made the whole paddock rate him higher again even if he is on a softer tyre.

His performance over the season on the ART bike last year was admirable to say the least.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

What a difference a tyre makes

If the harder compound loses just 0.05 secs on each of the 16 corners - that equates to a  loss of 0.8 secs on a lap. Even if the works bikes are 11kmh faster on the straight they're too far back by the end of the lap to make up the deficit.

Race-day will reveal all.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

I think the best thing

would be for everyone to "let" Aleix win.  He would then be classified as Factory2 and would then only be able to use 22.5 liters of fuel, and 9 engines.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Fair enough

It's not only top speed Rossi is also complaining about engine braking and acceleration. Still, he also states they all gonna race with the medium tyre.

I already see Aleix and Pedrosa on the podium personally.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Aleix Esparago not a quality rider - really ?

Last year's pole ...  Lorenzo      1.54.714

This Year's FP ..... Espargaro   1.54.773

Hmmmmmmm.

Reply to this Topic
Thudder

Mar 13

Thudder says:

Dark Horse

Unless I'm mistaken Mr Bautista ain't doing too shabbily on Bridgestone's, maybe it's the Showa suspension he's stuck with?

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Loz

Cannot believe what practice has chucked up, Loz upset, factory bikes down the grid, i am sure big H and Yam will kick off if it stays like this, mark my words **** will hit the fan!

Great for the race but no good for my new bike next year - if factory bikes are used to develop / why bother?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

best thing would be for everyone to "let" Aleix win. He would then be classified as Factory2 and would then only be able to use 22.5 liters of fuel, and 9 engines.

There's no Factory 2 anymore, it was gone before it came...  Forward are an Open team running the Dorna ECU. Open teams won't get any penalties should they get podiums or wins

Ducati aren't Open, they are a factory team but eligible to use the Open benefits. A factory team running with Open benefits will get penalised for podiums and wiins.

I wonder if Yamaha will start using the Forward team to perform some unlimited testing for them....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices