Skip to content

Discuss This Smith suffers '500 crash' MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Smith suffers '500 crash'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Smith suffers '500 crash'

Bradley Smith suffered one of the biggest crashes of his career tonight at the Losail International Circuit, with an old-school 500 era highside spitting him off his Tech 3 Yamaha half way though free practice one. “That was a 500 crash. I’ve watched many classic bike races and that was definitely a 500 crash. I proved that traction control doesn’t do...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 124 days ago (21 March 2014 23:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Why are the satellite Yams quicker than the factory Yams?

I know Pol and Bradley have just tested there but they are running the new tyres and 20 litres of fuel like the factory boys.  

Is it just the new tyre that Jorge can't get along with or is it the much talked about Rossi-friendly chassis developments which are upsetting him so much?

Tech3 seem to be able to find decent pace with the new tyre and the 2013 bike???

Aleix is another kettle of fish altogether...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

We may not see this happen so much now

through more predictable rubber and electronic control, but when we do it's a reminder that the heart of these things remain a snarling beast that can bite at any time if due respect is not shown.

It's interesting to note that the likes of Wosi state the modern GP machine has become such a subdued scaletrix machine through 'excessive' electronics, yet we now hear that the factory Yamahas are quite difficult on the throttle with the 20 litres, yet the 24 litre M1 with more rudimentary electronics appears a relative pussy cat in comparison. So much for Wosi's theory.

Glad Bradleys O.K. He's impressed me much in the last twelve months. So much so he's in my FFS team. But of course it's that final 'eenth degree that's the most difficult to find. Will any outside our three Aliens step up to the plate this year?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Which begs the question..

Why spend all that money on electronics, when you can give all a few more litres of petrol?

When Dorna has full control of electronics, they will introduce a rev limit and manufacturers will build engines with more usable torque..less like a light switch with jerky ultra lean throttle application at small openings.

Not everyone is capable of building a bike that runs on 20 litres and 5 engines all season - even Yamaha are struggling. Who isn't and has been threatening to quit?

Some of you chumps really need to study harder.

Smith fell off because they turned the TC down and he hasn't the skill to deal with it. They're all gonna have to get used to it..mind you, to some it's not a forgotten tool.

Do you actually follow this racing lark..or just troll for fun?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Indeed

Why spend all that money on electronics, when you can give all a few more litres of petrol?

Why make them spend all that money on chassis design when they could give them more tyre choice - did you see the difference it made to the Ducati? Oh I forgot, tyres don't make any difference

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Fuel/Tyres

Trying to race on incompatible tyres and not enough fuel to finish a race at full power - don't get me started. The bird brains running this series seem to have little or no idea HOW to race a bike. It will get worse with greater restrictions ending up with a bland Sunday afternoon romp, it will not be racing as we used to know it. Dorna need to get the bullet or probably a few bullets just to be sure.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Bulto... I tend to agree...

The single tyre rule works for "somebody"? If Moto GP was really run in the spirit of competition then it makes no sense to have to design the bikes to work with a single tyre to me? So much easier and cheaper the other way around. I often wondered why the factories put up with this but as it is a contractual part of playing with the Dorna football..... and they want to be on TV....... play by their rules.

I believe in having an "open" competition in regards to rubber. The only rule is that what ever tyres manufacturers bring overnight in the plane, there have to be enough for every bike wearing their stickers.

I do believe the one tyre rule works well for many series, but only proddie racing, SS 1000, super sport, etc. where there is no developement of chassis over a season. This brings me to the other problem with GP rules, testing. Factories or even independent teams have to design the most complicated and time consuming part of the machine to work with the tyres (which they then change 3 races into the season, re: 2011) but they cannot do any testing? The mind boggles, I am quite surprised more factories haven't packed up a long time ago.

Ciao Mama's

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

NOT TOO SHABBY..

3rd on the grid,same tyre as Rossi,{ 10th }. Best we blame the crew chief, funny as fck. Bet Burgess is  pissing himself.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Sure thing fucko's..

Let's call it the 'Moto Bridgestone Michelin Dunlop Pirelli series'..?

Twats..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices