Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

Reigning champion Marc Marquez battled through the pain barrier of a broken leg to take victory at the Losail circuit. The Repsol Honda rider started from pole position and had to battle with Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi to take 25 points. Rossi made Marquez fight right to the wire, with the pair swapping places several times on the penultimate lap. Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 153 days ago (23 March 2014 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

VeritasH

You mean he tried to trial the rear (Rear wheel draging)? As far as i know he doesn't set his bike for doing this sort of things...

www.cycleworld.com/2013/07/30/interview-with-valentino-rossi-yamaha-engineer-jeremy-burgess/

Braking is not one of Jorge's fortes for the simple reason that his settings favours rear-biased weight distribution, this also means slower heat build up on the brakes and less steering control when the bike departs.

Well i will have to wait for a replay. Got to get my package sorted but not with BT.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Medium tire was the softest compound available for the factory bikes at Losail

Only a person mentally retarded wouldn't understand which tire Lorenzo was talking about.

Ps: Well, a hint for deqrass: it is not the soft tire.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

How many crashes...

...occurred on the new tyre brought in on 'safety' grounds?  WTF.

Great rides from Rossi and Marquez.  Shame there were so many crashes though...

Not sure what Cal's beef is?

Hope J-Lo doesn't get all twisted up by constant DORNA meddling and walk away like Stoner did.

Rossi has a girlfriend?  WTFx100.  LOL...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

DeGrasse

BT?  Haven't you heard of Wiziwig?  

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Great first race, shame so many crashers.  Gavin Emmett interviewed Lorenzo near the end of the race. Not word for word but basically he said the tyres were not the same as last year, the temperature was cooler and he made a mistake and lost the front. A lot of riders struggled for grip due to the cooler temperatures and as Toseland pointed out every crash happened as the swapped from one side of the tyre to the other. At the end of the race MMs red banded Hard tyre looked perfect. DPs black MEDIUM tyre looked shredded. FFS Gassy how many times do you have to be told the same thing before it sinks in moron.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

ChupaChump

A lot of riders started to the lose the front since Moto2 qualifying Level of grip can drastically change from one day to the next over there.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

DaniPedola

Pedala would suits you better as a nickname (pedale as for kiddiy's bikes pedals), you have a mouth full of shr1te too.

About Rossi and his change of race engineer, funny the "new way" of setting bikes starts the way i always done it from the time i understood how Roberts was doing his, explained in this forum too.

Anti-skating/rear wheel FIRST thing, and your p!ss-poor copy past skills hardly hides your lack of technical comprehension of the whole thing, you might be a "fan" of Pedrosa, reason why you see the world as a fanboy, i'm NOT a Rossi's fan, i'm a Yamaha fan, Capiche fanboy?

Yes Losail is a good track for Yamaha but not only for Rossi, and Lorenzo is struggling because as some educated guys putted it a couple of decades ago, "this 250 style would take you on pole but as soon as the tyres are worn you're fcuked", darer to put 2+2 together ans see the relationship between worn and new without grip or does you need to take on a degree on Physics too?

Guess what? Yamaha technical director said the same about Jorge style after Sepang 2, as for you, being fat mouthed with manure shouldn't make you blind, unless there is a hole there going up to this box between your ears, Pedrosa is not as good on the gas as Marquez and  certainly Rossi.

Who's full of it fanboy? You and your "educated" source no doubt.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Max22

Last year it was different for Rossi. His bike only came back to him later in the race and he took off like a rocket but by then it was too late. He was having serious front-end probs with a full fuel load. However this time around his bike is much better sorted from the off and it didn't degenerate as the race goes on. As I stated earlier, his form in winter testing seems not to be lying and we should get to see him up there with the others on a regular basis.

What's more, he started from 10th on the grid.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ChupaChump

No i was thinking ITV, i'm with Virgin now, i dumped BT after they tried to impose a 18 month contract of me without my consent and are trying to con me as well with over-billing, got a sollicitor on this one. I will look it up, thanks for the tip!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

oh dear oh dear oh dear

look at the photos with whilte lining,

NO NO NO NO NO - NOT A WHITE LINE. The word Bridgestone is in white, the word Battlax is in red  - something else that was explained to you yesterday

But it gets better - someone says Lorenzo lost the front through trail braking into the corner, and you think they mean he was dragging the rear brake.....

Which brake do you think may cause the front to suddenly snap away like it did. The brake that acts on the front wheel or the brake that acts on the rear wheel...

And you want us to believe you race bikes..  ha ha ha ha ha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices