Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

Reigning champion Marc Marquez battled through the pain barrier of a broken leg to take victory at the Losail circuit. The Repsol Honda rider started from pole position and had to battle with Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi to take 25 points. Rossi made Marquez fight right to the wire, with the pair swapping places several times on the penultimate lap. Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 178 days ago (23 March 2014 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

quatar gp

great race to open the season not really bothered who wins  brilliant to have k huewen and j ryder back together bradley smith done ok 

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

if the Yamaha developed by Lorenzo was so good, why did Yamaha change it for this season?

It's called evolution. Progress, if you will. Happens every year to every bike, even the title winning bike gets changed.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Here we go again DeGrasse

points scoring as usual. Of course I know about front swing arms, why do you think I mentioned them. My point was that from an engineering, design & performance persepective they are better than front forks but riders don't like them as they are used to a bike diving under hard braking and find it hard to guage what limit they are on. If the factories insisted the riders use them, the riders would get used to this different feeling and be comfortable with it. It might just be what the Ducati needs. You can bet your arse that the likes of Marquez and Stoner would get on such a machine and wring its neck.

BTW the bikes change every season, Yamaha changed theirs to make it better not because they lost the title to Honda but because they have a design and technology remit to always improve. Tech3 have last seasons factory M1, Forward have last years Tech3 M1, it's the way it is. No factory sits back on its laurels and does nothing.

Wosi, sometimes I get angry when out on the bike having my rear wheel constantly buzzed by the local Power Rangers on sports 600's and now and again just need to remind 'em. The Vmax aint no cruiser, which you would know if you ever rode one, and mine sure isn't stock either. 280 kgs of metal, 150 bhp in a tubular cradle frame with a sub 11 second qtr mile from a 29 year old bike isn't shabby. when that Vboost kicks in the rush is quite intoxicating but very scary as the thing doesn't handle so you know you're going fast, unlike on a modern sportsbike when everything is so smooth. Everyone should ride a Vmax just once for the experience.

Reply to this Topic
Trident900rider

Nov 12

Any Chance

We can call a halt to this petty bickering? 

Anyway, I am missing Azi Farni already... Mmmmm.... Little sauce pixie.

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

They make good race

Brilliant start, thank fck it's back.

Good fight-back from Espargaro, shine taken off it by how many in front fell. Same goes for Redding, but good stuff finishing past Hayden.

And Rossi? Same position as last time, but 10ths instead of 10 seconds off the pace - that's impressive. I know it's early days, but he must have found something to run with Marquez (must be the chassis - no, wait, the tyres - ahhhhhhh, merde). I really hope so. I could definitely stand to watch Rossi and Marquez joust for first some more - two riders who genuinely live for the fight.

DeGrasse, DeGrasse - let me just say, I disagree with the majority. I think you're pure comedy gold, best comedy character on here since Motoking. You just need to loosen your underwear and learn to laugh at yourself - god knows everyone else is.

Now look, if Yamaha have changed the chassis, it's unlikely that they've done so just to make it more Rossi friendly, and even less likely that they'd tell the public (which, sadly DeGrasse, you are a member of). That would amount to a knife in the back of the man who's given them their most recent titles. So how do you know about it? If the 2014 bike is designed with sliding in mind, I'd say it's more to give both their riders a better chance to take the fight to Marquez. Lorenzo seemed to struggle to defend his early leads against Marquez' wild lines, so maybe that's the strategy. Or maybe they're getting the bike ready to make a bank-busting move for Marquez in the future? Who knows? Not me, not you.

By the way, don't let these idiots tell you you're digging a hole for yourself over the tyres. You keep digging fella!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Apextwin

I loved that post!

Trident....yeah agree. Azi Farni is a fox!

Reply to this Topic
NanoNano

Mar 14

NanoNano says:

Very clever but ...

... baiting the guy isn't going to help. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Speaking of baiting

Revnev has been rather quiet since his prediction yesterday.....

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Apex

just thinking about the Jlo chassis thing. It does seem strange that the chassis/frame appears to have moved more towards VR, which as you say dosen't make sense as JL is Lins blue eyed boy, for the moment. However, developing the bike specifically for JL is a bit of a dead end as no-one else can ride the bike that way, so if he jumps ship to Honda next year, Yamaha are fkd. I wonder if they are looking to make the bike more widely appealing to cover their bases?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

First rate

opener for all classes, with some outstanding rides, especially Lowes, Redding, Rossi and, never thought I'd say it, Bradley, sorry to see him go down, let's hope it's not a one off effort he put in.

BT's comprehensive, across the board, coverage, blows BBC into the weeds. BBC would have cancelled the Moto2 practice and qualifying, if there'd have been a darts match from a hut in outer Mongolia, so I say, we're well shut of them. Well done BT.

Lorenzo lost the front, through carrying too much hair under his helmet, I heard that Mr Teasy Weasy was putting the final touches to it, only minutes before the start, and still recommending to him to try a soft rear !!!!, at the earliest opportunity. Rossi's new girlfriend, 'how about that then'.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices