Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

Reigning champion Marc Marquez battled through the pain barrier of a broken leg to take victory at the Losail circuit. The Repsol Honda rider started from pole position and had to battle with Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi to take 25 points. Rossi made Marquez fight right to the wire, with the pair swapping places several times on the penultimate lap. Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 184 days ago (23 March 2014 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The commentators always talk about

the dew point in that race. Only seems to affect the Motogp as they go last by which time the temp has lowered just enough. Easy answer is to run the race an hour earlier.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

supermario

About that:
The track temperature for the race was the coolest recorded over the whole race weekend, with a peak recording of just 20°C which brought with it a spike in humidity levels. This resulted in many riders commenting after the race that grip levels were lower than the Warm Up session four hours earlier.
motogp.com

Didn't stop Rossi being faster after 19 laps than Jorge during Warm Up.

AlexDAbomB69: You are spot-on here, the lack of front grip is mainly due to his settings, he needs a lot more weight on the rear for higher corner speed but front tyre heat build up is real slow.
Trackside Conversation: Jeremy Burgess

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

MM is very clever. All the days said that it wasn't 100% ready and with his pole destroyed everyone hopes.Rossi pondium is the same like last year. I don't believe he continue like this.Will be worst than last year in the next races.Will see.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"Didn't stop Rossi being faster after 19 laps than Jorge during Warm Up."

..And I'm just guessing here, but...did, err...King Kenny somehow influence that?...

...I'm suspecting he did.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

If Gigi could copy what Honda have done with their '90 degree V' engine...

...they shouldn't be too far away, should they?  The engine configuration seems to be the one thing that they haven't been able to change over the years and a redesign might help them with their centre of gravity issues.  Custom tyres are off the table for the time being...

What black arts have Honda applied to get their bike to work so well with a similar engine design and beam chassis?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CHRainmaker

Clearly. Since Rossi is able to slide a bike and sets his for this since the 500, he can cope better on low grip condition than a guy who would ride the old fashion way, otherwise said, 250 style...

Chassis geometry and setting means that since the 2014 M1 his better on the brakes it also is more controlable when grip is low (with Rossi settings), can't help it if the guy who introduced this way of riding is the one you mentioned, and btw, Yamaha knows that damned well too. Oh i forgot, the way Rossi new crew chief works now is also the same than K.R in 1979, anti-skidding first thing; (rear brake, suspension, seat height, then front).

ChupaChump: I didn't focus on the RC so i know it less than the Yamaha but i'm still interested to know what makes you say that they have a Cg issue?

From my PoV as a Yamaha fan, Honda has often the best engine and for a few years now the best balanced chassis so what gives? Or were you mentioning Ducati?

Honda black Art would be called Gardner/Doohan, experience (V4s), a lot of dosh and very quick reaction times compared to Ducati development.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mmm, it's as I thought..

..thing is though, you still haven't explained why he struggled with the Ducati. Seeing as dear old Vale is so comfortable sliding the bike, why didn't this unique skill translate to the Italian marque?..

..I mean, it didn't seem to bother Casey.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Silvano Galbusera

is actually an anagram of Kenny Roberts

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CHRainmaker

I did actually, only you weren't interested or didn't see it.

From the moment Stoner left, it was obvious that the Ducati had an issue with its chassis, mainly geometry AND more to the point they never were able to control the flex needed to keep the front suspension working at high lean angles first because of the geometry of the engine and front chassis which reduced their option to nil or almost.

When the tyre breaktrough was achieved, front suspension were not able to cope with bumps at the lean angles they were taking (assymetric load and friction for the forks internals), reason why Stoner kept loosing the front, all manufacturers had issues with that, only Honda and Yamaha responded a lot faster, taking weeks where Ducati took month.

You can't compete vs the Japanese when it takes you six month to do what they do in 3 weeks, as simple as that, what could Rossi do in these condition apart try to stay in one piece?

supermario: LOL! I don't know about that but this is nothing new to me, i learned that from French M-C magazines in 1980 and from then chosed to set up my RDLC (79 the cantilever without YPVS) the same way. It worked then and it worked with R1 and YZF 1000, any Yamaha sport bike in fact, i don't know about other marks since i didn't get them to tracks.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Fair enough, but..

..it still doesn't explain fully why Rossi could only achieve a few results worthy of note. You're telling us the reason Lorenzo is struggling is due to his wheels in line style and the reason why Rossi is doing better is due to his ability to be comfortable with a sliding bike?..

..But if you remember, that typifies Stoner's style succinctly, he was always on the ragged edge with the bike sliding..according to commentators better informed than us, that was the only way to ride the bike. And yet, Valentino couldn't get to grip's with it..why?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices