Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

Reigning champion Marc Marquez battled through the pain barrier of a broken leg to take victory at the Losail circuit. The Repsol Honda rider started from pole position and had to battle with Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi to take 25 points. Rossi made Marquez fight right to the wire, with the pair swapping places several times on the penultimate lap. Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 151 days ago (23 March 2014 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn...

..have you got access to the Hailwood story?..I'm wondering if there's a way I could send it onto you if not.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR

Hypocrite that I am ... I succumbed to temptation and upgraded my SKY package last Thursday! See my post on the ''what do you think of BT coverage'' thread.   I had to endure  a 20 minute high pressure sales pitch trying to get me to pay for BT home-hub Broadband ( I didn't do it) but I did subscribe for SKY.

Forgive me ..I'm just a weak-willed Flame-throwing SloMo with L plates ... Doh!!!

p.s. Thanks for the offer btw I really do appreciate it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

To all car driving, non bike owners..

Embedded image permalink

..especially that condescending apologist schmuck Bulto.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

You're most welcome sir!

..and Wosi, what happened to your steaming cock?..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

fk it..

I give up..can't get the bastard photo to sit right.

You get my drift though..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

As it's gone a bit quiet on current input heres some more on Rayborn

This is for you DeGrasse ... to update your records.

If you consider Kenny Roberts to be the best American road racer, you should know how much he respected and admired Cal Rayborn. In fact, Roberts himself said that Rayborn, as the one road racer willing to mentor a young rider, had considerable impact on his development as a rider.   Knees out were 'in' years before Kenny came to Europe.   Top picture - Rayborn followed by Britains Ray Pickrel entering Druids at Brands in 1972.  They scored equal top points in the 3 day 6 race series.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

A few points I saw earlier................Dovi a lot better than Cal?????, Cal has always been a year behind, so it hasn't been a level playing field.  On the Tech3, all riders have been a lot quicker on the second year, just as Bradders is this year.  It is probably the same on the Ducati.                                                            Rossi didn't adapt his style on the Ducati????................there is a difference to tweaking your style on a well set up bike to get the last % out of it, than trying to get a 'barge' to handle.  Stoner WAS struggling with it, even with his style and Rossi was riding it as fast as Stoner anyway, it was the competition that had improved which made him look worse.                      Just to be clear,  I don't have any problem with MM riding, he rides tough which is good to watch.   

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Magnificent pictures Saturn.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

when are.....

ducati racing again?.......I watched the race and sat for half an hour afterwards watching the other bikes come in, but never saw dovi or crutchlow......are they racing in 'run what ya brung' at cadwell this year instead

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Firebird3

Everyone knows The Ducati gradualy turned into a truck from Stoner's title to the time he left, there is no question Rossi couldn't do better than he did without risking to hurt himself, after 2010 it's understandable he didn't try.

Where are the Ducati now?

@Saturnin Nah sorry boy, i leave the old straight-up-the-bike-no-slide to dinosaurs like yourself who are afraid to use the rear brake and think it's not safe to slide a bike. Ask Jorge he should know, he bins it every time he tries.

The modern way is the Roberts way and today everyone is using it or almost, Marquez knows it too well, proof positive of it, moto gp are gladly comparing them two.

From people who don't have their head up their @ss when it comes to M-C, enjoy:

Moto GP: The parallels between Roberts and Marquez

btw, Roberts comments and footages of Marquez sideways in and out corners are a big STUFF YOU to the SloMos, i love this stuff, not for pussies, that.

Roberts, who participated originally in AMA dirt track racing, drew a lot of attention with his groove-less slick tires and "hang-on" riding style, in which he would hang his body over the side of the machine to the inside during cornering. This Roberts style would have a big influence on the future of riding styles in road racing. Roberts also competed in the 250cc class, merely to get acquainted with the GP tracks, and ended up astonishing many in the field by winning the opening round.

Apart for this the guy is not qualified to give an opinion outweighting that of the Slomos.

Yamaha Racing 50th Anniversary Season 1978.

Arriving in a huge motor-home, his aggressive riding style of sliding the rear tire (rear wheel steering), and his hang-off riding posture is now the standard in the GP.

Yamaha Racing 50th Anniversary. Kenny Roberts.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices