Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

Reigning champion Marc Marquez battled through the pain barrier of a broken leg to take victory at the Losail circuit. The Repsol Honda rider started from pole position and had to battle with Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi to take 25 points. Rossi made Marquez fight right to the wire, with the pair swapping places several times on the penultimate lap. Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 159 days ago (23 March 2014 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Any hoo....

Don't know why I just replied to that post. What I really checked in for was to help MCN push this thread over 500 posts. So here goes.....

Marquez is the new mesiah and cannot be defeated!

Rossi is past it and only ever won anything because he had an unfair machinery advantage!

Lorenzo has single handedly ruined the M1 so it is unrideable and he falls down if he loses traction!

Dovi is rubbish and barely rates as a journyman racer! He secretly drives a Bugatti Veyron in an unsafe manner and not an estate car with the wife and kids strapped in as falsely reported in the press! He lives a Guns and Roses lifestyle staying in penthouse hotel suites surrounded by naked groupies with a bowl full of cocaine in one hand and a bottle of Jack Daniels in the other! Shameful!

Dani Pedrosa is unworthy of a works Honda and can only remain competitive by taking mystery substances supplied by a witch doctor on a deserted island! He has had to sail his yacht illegally for years to get a monthly dose of a substance which, though only the size of a 10 year old boy, gives him the strength of 3 Cal Cru.... errr I mean chimpanzee's to allow him to wrestle a 240 hp motorcycle around at high speed!

Bradley Smith is wasting a good seat at Tech 3 and is only there because he went down to the "crossroads" after midnight and sold his ginger hair to the devil in exchange for a Moto GP seat!

Rossi's rear wheel steering skills are so good that Dorna banned two strokes in case he turned up on a 1989 KX 500 crosser and wiped the floor with the unworthy and unskilled! This scuppered a planned coo by Kawasaki to dominate Moto GP for the last decade so they had to spend a fortune on fairings filling the grid with Hopper and Depuniet!

Rossi is NOT hetrosexual and that super hot babe who congratulated him in parc ferme at Qatar was a very expensive pay by the hour lady boy! Rossi avoids women at all costs due to a superstition that they make you slow down, look what Adriana did to Casey for proof!

I too rode an RD350LC a couple of times and then finished my GP masters degree by buying a KX 500 motocrosser (SCARY) but  was cruelly robbed of my 500 GP Legacy when Neil Hodgeson stole my ride with WCM! B@STARD!

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

thank you...

finally something worth reading WWB!!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Honda held Rossi to his contract in 2003 and Rossi was only able to ride the new M1 at one test in 2004 before the first race. Any input Rossi and Burgess could of had at that stage can only of been minimal.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Bike stuff

A heavy bike with a large displacement engine is easier to maneuver down an interstate and is more forgiving as well as stronger in a wind situation. Don’t forget, in interstate riding, you have the crosswinds of the empty spaces the road travels through; you have the wind currents from passing traffic, be they large semi trucks, or a long line of cars. A large displacement engine can move you away from hazardous traffic situations, or power you through a strong head wind.

If you are choosing a lighter motorcycle, you should keep in mind that a smaller engine works harder to travel on Interstate roads. The higher speed limits, the truck traffic, the vibration of the engine and road are all elements that cause a rider to fatigue faster. Of course, you do have options such fairings, and foot peg placements. Being able to move your legs reposition the feet forward and back allow the rider to change how he/she sits in the saddle, stretch the back and legs and generally get some blood moving in extremities that need it.

Riding Style
a) There sure are a lot of preferences out here for the style of riding. Sport bike, adventure bike, duel sport bike, touring bikes. Each one of these bikes comes with a specific life style and adventure. Plan your routes with your bike choice in mind. For bikers, the beauty of riding is NOT so much getting to point B from point A. It’s the encounters, the scenic beauty, the hum of our motorcycles under us and the adventure that comes in between A and B! Arriving alive at point B is the whip cream and cherry on top!

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Directions

1.In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.

2.Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes. Stir in saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.

3.Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and sausage; cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink.

4.Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Wait... what just happened there at 15:11???

Did ElDiabolico just accidentally "DeGrasse" himself up as the full time forum wind up merchant???

Ha ha ha....

Nice sounding recipe.... is it French or Antipodian? We know it isn't an American recipe as it doesn't require any bright yellow tasteless cheese or diet beer.

Could be a "Benny" special since you mention "flakes" and "bringing to a boil"?

Ciao Terrapins, Panty People, and  SloMo Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Directions:

1. Approach the curves.

2.Enter hard and fast braking very deep.

3. Finally point and squirt.

References: Video link - "Pamela gets pounded from behind by hairy Italian stud."  Directed by: K Roberts. 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I rode

a TS250 round a field once with no brakes, does this mean I am Kenny Rodgers jnr and I wear knickers on my face as a musk mask when enjoying gentlemans pursuits of all colours and I have ridden an RD350 ypvs and it felt nothing like the R1 that I recently test rode. Can I come in the tree house now?

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

What a clusterfck

Everything said today has already been argued a dozen of times. And absolutely nothing has changed. So for the 12th time, how could Rossi develop the M1 when he didn't even have a base set-up to start with ?JB; "Valentino has gradually lost his way, and everyone around him has followed the same path.[...] Over the last 8 Grand Prix, we returned to bases operated by Jorge." What a colossal waste of time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

All very technical stuff...

Release
Date : 26/03/2014
Marquez receives 2013 Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award

Repsol Honda rider, Marc Marquez, current MotoGP World Champion, has won the prestigious Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award at a decorated ceremony at the Laureus Awards hosted in Malaysia.

At just 20 years old, the young man from Cervera completed a record season to become the youngest Premier Class World Champion in history. This feat has not gone unnoticed outside the world of motor racing and has been recognised in the most prestigious awards in the field of sport.

In the final vote, the young Repsol Honda rider outperformed the other finalists: the Afghan cricket team, German pole vaulter Raphael Holzdeppe, Colombian cyclist Nairo Quintana, British golfer Justin Rose and Australian golfer Adam Scott.

In a significant gesture, Marc received the award from another Repsol Honda Team legend, none other than Mick Doohan and commented, “It’s very difficult to explain how I feel, this is one of the most important awards I’ve received”. He then devoted a few words of encouragement and support to the families of the recent plane disappearance which has happened recently in Malaysia.
world.honda.com/HRC/repsolhondateam/news2014/20140326/

The other news, from a French website: Apparently in a bid to keep up with HRC development rate, Rossi have been given some parts to test at Losail, the "mini" fairing with an enlarged air intake he tried during free practise and also he is using brake cooling ducts.

The journalist comments are that as opposed to what Kouichi Tsuji was saying he seems to be developing his own bike or that at least he is testing everything that is made available to him.

www.gp-inside.com/6701/25-mars-2014/l-etrange-bouche-de-valentino-rossi

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices