Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez storms to victory

Reigning champion Marc Marquez battled through the pain barrier of a broken leg to take victory at the Losail circuit. The Repsol Honda rider started from pole position and had to battle with Stefan Bradl and Valentino Rossi to take 25 points. Rossi made Marquez fight right to the wire, with the pair swapping places several times on the penultimate lap. Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 122 days ago (23 March 2014 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

It's Ducati's fault..............but I always like to add CS lack of development skills, to wind up the orange pantie brigade.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Fireturd, is that the Ducati that despite getting worse each year ended with more points in 2010 than 2009?

Just checking.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

what has

orange got to do with Ducati, FB?  As with  Lorenzo against Honda's massive financial  push and a very good/trending to great rider last year, perhaps what  Stoner achieved at Ducati is more notable than what he didn't achieve, particularly in comparison with anybody else on a Ducati  including your boy (aka the great one) with considerably larger capital expenditure.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

Ducati

What  stoner did on a piece of **** Ducati was unreal

but he came in knowing nothing else, tried like hell to make bike better to point he made himself ill

there was no lactose intolerance just Ducati intolerance 

bike spat him off rightly so he got sick of it and did walk out on them , they were begging him to stay

he knew it was a lost cause 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Bob, Bob, Bob......

Noooooo! Not you too!

You come across as brash (always); abrasive (most of the time); bullshi$$er (never); but as much as I love reading your retorts I have to wave the B S flag at you of all posters today?

I have never been one to give Rossi credit for what I believe is not due, he is just a helluva racer and that is his whole book, cover to cover.

I have noticed a common defense of Casey's downward spiral on the Ducati lately though, not certain they were all from you but you wacked Firebird with it anyway. While saying "is that the Ducati that despite getting worse each year ended with more points in 2010 than 2009?" is numerically correct; you are infering that "Casey" and the Ducati improved in 2010 but the detail shows this is far from honest Aussie.

In 2009 he had 3 races off for illness and one shocker of a crash on the warm up lap at Valencia and DNS. He scored in all the rest; 13 rounds 220 points.

In 2010 he contested all 18 rounds crashing out of 5 races. So would you like the breakdown? Glass half full - he finished 13 races scoring a total of 225 points. Glass half empty - he started 5 more races than the previous year but only scored 5 more points!

1 extra point for every extra round he started sounds like the bike or bike and rider combination were falling off a cliff let alone going downhill! Please Bob your better than this mate? Leave that kind of B S to the fan boys. We know it wasn't a problem with Casey as he showed up on a Honda the next year and did alright if I recall correctly?

As for 2004 the M1 engine / package was being developed long before Rossi threw his leg over it. Those modifications came from feedback provided by 2003 rider Alex Barros. Barros had ridden the RC211V in the last 4 rounds of 2002 (as you know) and he was amazed at how easy it was to ride. Barros stunned the paddock and the public beating Rossi first time out by winning at Motegi! Barros was allowed to leave his 500 for the 990 for the last 4 rounds. Rossi scored one win and three 2nd's to Barros two wins, a 2nd and a 3rd. Barros comparing the two machines told Yamaha at the end of the year they needed the torque and grunt offered by V5 Honda's. And so the great Yamaha developed by Rossi story began. Raced brilliantly, developed?  Errrrr not so much. 

Now behave Sir Buttamasangy! 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh Willie...

Can't wait to see what De Grasse is going to say about this  -  you're not allowed to tell the truth about the 2004 M1 you know....

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Bulto ...

I know.... I feel so naughty!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Not sweating it....

I have a link with the story from a world champion WHO WAS ACTUALLY THERE! Drama stations everyone! Shhhhhh his name is Kenny too....... ha ha ha ha!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ha ha WWB - do you mean Kenny Irons then ?  I think we're way over 600 now.   I've never seen you so animated as you were with Asterix the Gaul a couple of nights ago.   Sad really he's desperate to be accepted into the community but doesn't know how to go about it.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

WWB

As we have said before,  the Japanese don't stand still from one year to the next,  so that M1 had to be developed each year to keep ahead of the competition. Rossi's input was invaluable to be able to do this.    

You're right about Bob........he is doing the usual thing of using figures from previous years to prove a point,  instead of looking at the bigger picture which proves far more.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices