Go to most recent reply

Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

never ever buy a triumph

worst dealers ever and their bikes arent that far behind

you have been warned

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 121 days ago (25 March 2014 13:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm considering it

specifics please?

Reply to this Topic
lenb

Jun 03

lenb says:

Triumph

Son in law bought a nice looking ST1050 we found the tank had imploded discs were warped all under 20k. Luckily bought from an excellent Kwack dealer who fixed all faults. Cost of spares are a tad high as well. Cost of 24k service from Triumph made my head spin over £700 as much as a Multistrada 1200. Enough to put me off Triumph and Ducati, I will stick to Kawasaki. However I do like the triple.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Triumph

I was considering buying a triumph 1050, but after studying reviews and owners feedback about dealers and support.

I bought a Kawasaki z1000sx, no regrets. 

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

SNS

Comments please

Reply to this Topic
outlookexcess

Sep 12

I was browsing through Ride Mag

In Smiths today, and I see that the Triumph Explorers has come first in their customer satisfaction survey in the "adventure" class, beating even the benchmark BMW R1200GS.

It's important not to cast judgement based on one persons opinion.

If you did that, then believe me based on mine, you'd never buy a Yamaha,

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

triumph.....

The T595/955i  are the only Triumphs I like tbh.... :blink:

Reply to this Topic
outlookexcess

Sep 12

The street triple

is an impressive machine.

I like Triumphs, but strangely I cannot bring myself to buy one and for the life of me I don't know why,

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

I love my Triumph Daytona 675 but it not come without its minor problems. Some of part are absolutely garbage made in Thailand i think. The local dealer is not bad but not the best very expensive. The cost of a service is eye watering as well. I often think i should of got a kaw - yam - honda - suzuki when something goes wrong, then i look at the triumph and it puts a smile back on my face. 

Recently i had any electrical problem and with some very helpful forum members advice found out rectifier gone faulty. So after fixing that and deciding a run out  this happened 3 miles later blown a hole in the exhaust, you cant see in the picture but all the wielding on the exhaust is cracked as well which was blowing a little bit before. Its only got 5500 miles on the bike. I inquired with the local triumph dealer on a repair ( i already got a replacement exhaust ) £50 - 60 PER HOUR then + VAT :shock: . Its a good job i didn't take it couldn't get the the exhaust off without the studs coming out. probably would of been 3 hours plus for labor charges.

Although i have had problems here and there i would never say to some don't get one, cause it is an excellent bike most of the time :wink: 

But for battery's i not really had majors problems until recently. And that exhaust valve sticks what is a pain in the ass but easy enough to fix

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. IMG00176  
  2. IMG00176  
Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well Bob..

I had my SprintST 1050 for 5 years and 22,000 miles and the only problem I had was a puncture. The guy I sold it to, took it to the south of France and came back singing it's praises, so no complaints from me. I would have kept it longer but I wanted the Tiger 800 when it came out and that's done over 11,000 miles now and no problems. Theres always going to be exceptions with every make, but I'll certainly buy another Triumph next time. Yes, parts are dear, and servicing is even dearer (father-in-law's Jag is cheaper to service) but build quality is second to none and I can say that after 40 years in engineering dealing with just about every material imaginable in aircraft manufacture. The worst has got to be Suzuki, awful quality, they rust if you park them near a tap!

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I think it's partly luck.

I was doubtful after reading about fuzzr's experiences with Triumph, but as the Street Triple was one of the few really small bikes around I bought one and I've had no trouble apart from the indicators falling off. The bike was recalled, but my dealers had already fitted the newer version and it solved the problem. My dealer has a good reputation and is very local. 

I do agree that servicing is very expensive and if I had to pay the dealer to do it I wouldn't have bought  a new bike. My next service should cost almost £700. Service pack and oil will cost £110, so much cheaper for me and I know exactly what has been done.

I think we all know owners of every make of bike who wish they'd never bought them. Some of the problems are self inflicted but a lot seem to be down to lazy or even dishonest dealers and poor quality staff. If you don't have a lot of experience it is really easy to be fobbed off  and ripped off, whatever bike you choose. We should get better service from bike shops, but I think personal recommendation is the way to find the best  sales or sevice in your own area.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices