Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland releases debut album General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > James Toseland releases debut album

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Toseland releases debut album

He was good at breaking records on his way to two World Superbike title victories, and now James Toseland is hoping to sell a few records in his exciting new music career. Toseland’s debut album ‘Renegade’ was launched earlier this week and features his recently released single ‘Crash Landing’. The 11-track ‘Renegade’ album is packed with hard/classic rock and power ballads...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 128 days ago (26 March 2014 11:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

MCN or NME

you decide.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

what a berk

What with his waxwork face and his dafthairdos and his whitened teeth , he still has the personality of a frog ,didn't like him as a rider don't rate him as a presenter and certainly don't want to hear about his diluded attempts at being the oldest swinger in town, MCN you would do better keeping up to date on racing news than letting a music fanbase  of about two know about this shyte

Reply to this Topic
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

Oh dear this just makes me cringe - surely doesn't need the cash. please James dinnae dae it

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Harsh

Some harsh comments here. The guy was a top rider (world champ for crisakes). He has a good personality that will come over with time, is brilliant at sorting out the brolly girls and can play music to a standard all of the contributers her can only think and dream about. Good on him.

I met him at the NEC and he was a decent, honest guy. Jealousy is a strange companion best left at home.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

ive met him

lovely man, but I dont promote any of the music I produce or mixes that I do on here as it is motorcycling website and I know no one would give a whistling pig about it. Its a bit like Ross Noble on anything to do with bikes because he owns one, funny, funny man on QI not BSB.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Nooooooo

Bros...Catch a gogo ....Wham..... Boy George     . what can I say.

Nooooooooooooooooo for the love of god  Nooooooooooooo

Reply to this Topic
AndyC1

Jan 12

AndyC1 says:

Yesssss!

I agree this is MCN not NME, but have the detractors on here actually listened to the Toseland record?   It's a great piece of work for a debut record and totally stands on its own merit. Fair play to James for sticking his neck out and having a go at this. It's huge departure but his racing career is sadly over, so why not use another talent to make a second career in rock music?   He'd have known he would be opening himself up to criticism by doing this and I admit, before first hearing the band I did wonder if it would work, yet he's produced a top quality rock album. Can't say fairer than that for a British x2 world champion. Nice one #52. 

Reply to this Topic
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Huh?

The man obviously has a decent 'rock' voice an all but the lyrics shamelessly regurgitate every rock/rhyme cliche. The backing is straight up american 80's hair metal and you need a lot of personality to sell that.

Reply to this Topic
AndyC1

Jan 12

AndyC1 says:

Yes it's a bit cheesy and the influences behind it are clearly visible, but that's true of most mainstream middle of the road type rock bands. Debating relevant merits of different styles of music is for elsewhere, but all I was getting at was that within its genre it's a good little record and a great first effort for a guy who raced bikes first and foremost then turned to this second, which is why I think fair play to JT

Reply to this Topic
bobphillips

Oct 06

bobphillips says:

hope its better than his gp coverage..that was dire

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle