Skip to content

Discuss This What do you think to BT Sport's MotoGP coverage? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What do you think to BT Sport's MotoGP coverage?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What do you think to BT Sport's MotoGP coverage?

After lots of pre-season uncertainly, the BT Sport MotoGP coverage is now in full flow – so what do you think so far? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 126 days ago (26 March 2014 14:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simplebystander

Oct 10

Going by the poll, it seems like many had similar thoughts to myself regarding the BT coverage.  I actually though the extent of it was good - just that the commentary was a bit suspect. I was a big fan of the Eurosport team and so I am glad to hear Julian back, but the rapport between him and Keith isn't quite there yet and I found Keith was saying things that I thought were a bit inappropriate for a unbiased commentary team - things like 'love to see Nakamoto's face' after seeing a KTM take victory in Moto3 - I think he has spent too long commentating to his mates where he can say what he likes and so I thought he came off sounding a bit rude on a number of occasions.  Not impressed at all with Hodgson and Toseland - neither seem to be natural presenters - posing awkward and silly questions to people - Hodgson's interview with Crutchlow after the race was particularly painful - granted Crutchlow wasn't giving much away, but Hodgson's interviewing technique was very clumbsy to watch.  In my opinion it's not as good as Eurosport in it's heyday but it's a hell of a lot better than the BBC's abysmal coverage.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I really like Melanie Sykes, used to have her picture on my locker door at work, but on Moto GP, nope. I only watch for the racing action, may as well turn the sound off on the interviews.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

brrrrrr. I also find it objectionable to use people who's only qualification is that they look good dressed in very little and that they "do" television... the other end of the scale to Gary Anderson being fired by the BBC on the f1 coverage because he didn't look good enough and because they think people arn't interested in content. 

So no, they've gone for a dumbed down approach which I  have no time for. 

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

No Sykes

Loved the coverage which got better by the day but Sykes has such an annoying voice and manner that it is no sound interviews for me. Put Craig Doyle in. His support of the BT Sport show last night was first rate. He just does it right and has done from the IoM TT to the support show.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Post Script

btw.. I'm really glad I watched it at a mates house before deciding what to do about internet/BTVision, because there's no way I'm transferring to BT Broadband for that.  (Cable isn't an option where I live)

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

No better than either BBC or Eurosport ... just 10 times more of it.   Haven't got time to watch 20 hours a week.

The biggest bone of contention for me is not the coverage it's the enforced subscription. When I phoned to get it added to my SKY package I had to endure a twenty minute high pressure sales pitch to get me to purchase their Broadband home hub.  (Which I didn't). I don't care if it is the way of the future I strongly object to it.

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

mixed bag

I liked the coverage, but i think it may have been a little OTT time wise, i just don't have that amonut of time to sit and watch anything on TV.

Race/practice commentary was informed and fun, as you might expect from Huewen and Jules.

Toseland needs more practice and to improve ASAP.

Hodgson did a good job; he empathised with the riders well and gets kudos for even trying to talk to a clearly pissed off Cal at the end of the race.

Birty and Emmett know their stuff and did a good job.

Craig doyle should present from the track as he knows what he's talking about and clearly loves the sport.

Mel Sykes... If I can't  find anything nice to say, it's best not to say anything.

Reply to this Topic
gixxa630

Apr 11

gixxa630 says:

Great coverage! What motogp has been crying out for in the U.K!

What a great weekend of racing thanks to BT sport!  I watch it all from the practice to the race! I am still finding it hard to get over the vast amount of hours BT are airing the races, its the coverage I've been longing for.

This type of coverage is what motogp has needed for years.  Its no wonder that the viewing figures have been down with the poor excuse for coverage by the BBC!  IThe BT sports coverage is worth the fee if only just to never have to hear Charlie Cox say nightmare in a bubble car again!

Really though, if you are a motogp fan and have not watched the BT sport coverage then get on the phone to BT and get it, yoou will not be disappointed, its night and day compare to the old BBC rubbish.

Great work BT sport and keep them 20hours of coverage per race weekend coming!.

Reply to this Topic
alanblack

Sep 09

alanblack says:

Cost

I watched Moto GP as part of my Sky package last year, why should I have to pay even more this year?

Reply to this Topic
alanblack

Sep 09

alanblack says:

Cost

I watched Moto GP as part of my Sky package last year, why should I have to pay even more this year?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices