Skip to content

Discuss This What do you think to BT Sport's MotoGP coverage? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What do you think to BT Sport's MotoGP coverage?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What do you think to BT Sport's MotoGP coverage?

After lots of pre-season uncertainly, the BT Sport MotoGP coverage is now in full flow – so what do you think so far? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 148 days ago (26 March 2014 14:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I never liked the BBC coverage, and not just because of Charlie Cox. It always came across as a poor man's F1 somehow. Always watched it on Eurosport but the loss of Randy was a big blow. I thought the BT coverage was not bad. Everyones main complaint is going to be Mel Sykes but look at it this way, we could of got far worse, Davina anyone! Hodgson was much better as a roving reporter. Gavin Emmett was good, motogps Ted Kravitz. Toseland, I agree with busterrabbit below. Huewen and Ryder takes me back to the WSBK days. Overall 7/10. Not a bas start and I'm sure they  will get better.

Reply to this Topic
tel3

May 10

tel3 says:

BTGP

I agree with most of the comments already posted...Toseland has to go! Why didn't they bring in James Haydon who already had a working relationship with Neil Hodgson and has already got his confidence in front of live cameras? Toseland is a plank and has no personality at all. Still, as with everything, it's a personal choice as to who we like and don't! I was dreading Mel Sykes but she didn't bother me that much and at least showed some excitement and enthusiasm.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

No Way!

Moto GP has done a very stupid dela with BT, as I have SKY and wont pay any extras to watch this season!

What Moto GP should do is to make the race available at least on YouTube after a cople of days so the fans could watch the race eventually.

GREEDYNESS!

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

bbc2

I will be ok when i sort out my 625 lines,and did they need to put up the umbrellas,

Reply to this Topic
AndyJackdaw

Mar 14

AndyJackdaw says:

BT Sport's MotoGP coverage

Oh so sad to have lost the Eurosport team.  Sykes is utterly dire – just hopeless – words cannot express just how know-nothing and irritating she is.  That bloke who runs about the paddock (Emmett?) is even worse, if that is possible.  Hodgeson and Toseland badly need to go on some sort of presenter course.  Ryder is his old self - no problem.  Heuwen is just irritating – he needs to take massive chill-pill.  And no Neil Spalding – or any sensible substitute .  And more hours of watching paint dry than a person can stand.  I guess it will be the highlights program for me. No time to suffer the blood pressure abuse of the full show.  At least I get it free as part of my Virgin package.

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Why...

Do TV Organisers feel to give fans good coverage they need a dolly bird?  Sky F1 does without - if they do at least make sure she doesnt need a clip board and if she does make sure she can read it!

It's trying to be all things to all people, trying to get new interest - well thats not going to happen as it's pay per view.  Why would someone new pay for something they know nothing about???  They now have a captive audience, a clued up audience who dont want the specticle ruined but hamfistedness...

The TV coverage is good, but thats Dorna not even BT as they are the consumer...

God know why they didnt just lift the best of wheat was out there (Eurosport namely) couple it with great quality footage and in depth analysis and get on with it...

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Pants really...

Yes...  It's Pants....

Reply to this Topic
AndyC1

Jan 12

AndyC1 says:

Didn't watch it

I pay for Sky and used to watch the coverage on Eurosport. Julian Ryder, Toby Moody and Neil Spalding were a great team that worked well and provided great commentary and coverage.  If BT Sport were serious, they would have hired the old team in its entirety. I am not paying for BT Sport on top of Sky, when aside from MotoGP I don't want or need BT.  I will have to make do with a highlights show on ITV4 on Monday nights and I suspect I am not the only UK MotoGP fan doing that.  Well done Dorna. Not. It wasn't broken on Eurosport so didn't need fixing and now you have done a bad deal with the wrong firm and will inevitably lose some of the fan base, all at a time when we have 4 brits in the top class.

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

Great coverage at the weekend really enjoyed it, just found the magazine show on Tuesday thoroughly irritating, barring Mr Redding 

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

just right

the hilights just perfect,wiz thru the crap no money spent leave out moto 2 n 3,taped from 8 til 9,put on 10mins its all over,like a long orgasum,wifes happy im happy,roll on next race,thats all i can say.ps i miss randy with his 2 UP,

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices