Skip to content

General Can I ask.....Are you Employed? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Can I ask.....Are you Employed?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Can I ask.....Are you Employed?

Un-employed, Self-,employed, Retired....or just way too rich.......?......... I'm interested to see who is the Happiest .....personally, (as a few of you already know)...I'm self-employed......it's been hard but I'm Happy...... I get to ride Bikes every day.....:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 212 days ago (26 March 2014 19:59)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

I'm over-employed -

here in the colonies pretty much everyone is over-employed or unemployed as the result of labor laws that heavily favor capital over labor.  :upset:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Man of leisure

Suppose retired with the odd unpaid consultancy work for my son's company.

Rich, well let's just say Roman Abramavich is a pauper by comparison (my smiley faces won't work)

Happy, very, last couple of years have been exceptional. Long may it continue.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Employed

But can't physically do it anymore, tied in with Government cuts to care for the disabled, (son's mentally disabled, and ex decided she didn't want him , so buggerd off in 1990)  means for the first time in 40 years, am on benefits. Or as the Mail would say, 'workshy scrounger'  so, am volunteering at a carers charity ringing people from home, to chat to them and find if there's any support for them- Also doing a part time course at Citizens advice. 

Am I happy? Wonderful life on benefits, well, according to the Government, we live like kings. 

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Employed

Jobs not so good but compared to most people I count myself quite lucky (hence only an "Amateur" Cynic!:winkie:)
Commute by bike every workday with several twisty routes to choose from when time permits (straight road when it doesn't)
Have bigger bike to play on when not at work, Oaf of a dog to play with (to be more accurate, I'm His toy!) & a wife who loves me (she has said she's changed her mind though, several times!!:huh:). All in all life's no too bad:smile  

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Happy, thank you very much

Who cares about the other stuff!?

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Employed

Pi**ed off to f**k

Work in a massive corporate not European headquartered and the continued cultural clashes do my head in. Folks in HQ will make decisions without consulting locally even though they do not understand the EMEA region and then will do just about anything to hide the truth.

Oh and I work in London so spend most of my week away from SWMBO.

But London is where the money is and very few opportunities (ok none) in this neck of the woods.

But I have a mororbike and a tractor to keep me amused at the weekend - woo hoo

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Self employed

so i can ride when i like:biggrin::sunglasses::biggrin::sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

I own one half

of a small company so self employed is probably the easiest description, but strictly speaking, because it's a limited company, I'm an employee :smile

Like I said, just a small company, but it pays the bills and gives me something to do during the week! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

employed

but looking for a new job or business venture as I had my own business up till 2006 and started working as an inbetween thing, im looking for premises to do a coffee shop/tea room.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I work..

I drink.. I smoke.. I travel.. I've fulfilled many of my life ambitions (except one).. I do track days and I now have a baby coming soon...

I'm as happy as a pig in shit.. Life's good! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices