Skip to content

Discuss This Despres retires from Dakar bike class to join official Peugeot car team Off road

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Off road > Despres retires from Dakar bike class to join official Peugeot car team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Despres retires from Dakar bike class to join official Peugeot car team

Five time Dakar winner Cyril Despres will leave the Dakar bike category he has dominated for the last decade, alongside Marc Coma, to make a shock switch to a new official Peugeot car team. The 40 year old Frenchman has become the benchmark all other Dakar riders are judged since winning his first Dakar in Africa in 2005. His meticulous preparation,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 149 days ago (27 March 2014 10:32)

Post a message in Off road

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

Wish Him luck

I'll be sad to see Cyril in a car at the next Dakah; he was sublime to watch on a bike, his feet up drifts through the twisty bits were a joy to watch. I've always been a Coma fan,but admired and respected the incredible talent and consistancy of Despres.

Just glad he'll still be thee in some form and wish him luck in chasing peterhansel's record!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Nice one Cyril ?

MCN Be sure to let us know when he takes up trucks ,it's newooohs like this that just makes my day ,Lucky the Sun didn't hedline this one and nothing on cnn or sky news

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

I totally support his move... especially when you look at last years attrition rate... becoming more like Death Race 2000 than Dakar, with motorcyclists given little or no regard by four wheel  counterparts. Gods luck and remember to Mind that Bike.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

I totally support his move... especially when you look at last years attrition rate... becoming more like Death Race 2000 than Dakar, with motorcyclists given little or no regard by four wheel  counterparts. Gods luck and remember to Mind that Bike.

Reply to this Topic
NoddieGee

Jan 13

NoddieGee says:

Disappointed!

Not only has the bike catagory has lost another great, I was also hoping that Dakar 2015 will see Despres and Yamaha, give KTM a good run for their money ... BLOODY CARS!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices