Skip to content

Discuss This The turbo that started it all General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The turbo that started it all

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

The turbo that started it all

As Kawasaki again explores the use of superchargers on motorcycles, we take a look at the bike that started it all - the CX500 - and find the lone example for sale on MCN Bikes for Sale. The CX500 Turbo was introduced by Honda in 1982 as a rolling showcase for their latest technology, which as well as a turbo included...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 124 days ago (27 March 2014 16:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I was Stunned.....

When I first saw one in the Flesh all those years ago .... It was unlike any other Bike of the time ...Met a chap who bought one of the first ones and he reckoned it was way too fast for him....all 82bhp of it....!

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Want

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

just goes to show how good the two strokes were back in the day not even a turbo could compete with them think the old rg/rd were churning out 115bhp

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Ran a standard Eurosport for 6 months as a winter bike early 80's. Nice engine but awful handling,bet the Turbo was 'interesting'.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

bikemad.........

The 1982 Honda CX500 Turbo was ....totally eclipsed by the  1985 RG500 with its 94 bhp....... but I would love to own both....... truth be known.

Domster...... I always wanted a 650 Eurosport in Red ......Honda took one of the trickiest and troublesome engine designs ever and ....Made it work......... CX500/650's were .....THE...... bike of choice for the new Couriers of the time......

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

GPZ 750 T...Only one to cut it

For it's time  the Honda was quite the rarity, followed shortly after by the CX650T, albeit short lived.

The only Turbo to cut the muster was the Kawasaki Z750 GP.

The other's such as Suzuki xn85 and Yamaha's xj 650 T, more show than go.......

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Even Today

Still looks quality even today. By modern standards it would be a handful to ride if you stepped down from the cosseted electronics on even a mid market machine, but hey what a rush.

Good on Kawasaki for potentially making the jump again into Turbos. Not sure they will catch on with the buying publc mind.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

CX500 Turbo

I saw one going up the M3 last week. Couldn't believe my eyes :shock:

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

There's room for one in my dream garage. I've had 4 CX's over the years, including a Custom (please - don't laugh, I blame my medication). Loved each one of them and can still remember the absolute hysterics at watching my mate lob his into Loch Lomond when intention overwhelmed talent. Happy memories indeed! 

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I owned a CX650 Eurosport in the early 90s and it was a really good bike, comfy, good handling, smooth and quick enough. Swopped it for a GPZ900 though and that was in a different league.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices