Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Panigale stolen in London tracked down in Lithuania General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ducati Panigale stolen in London tracked down in Lithuania

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati Panigale stolen in London tracked down in Lithuania

A Ducati 899 Panigale stolen in London was recovered more than 1000 miles away in Lithuania recently - just 36 hours after going missing - thanks to the tracking unit hidden on the bike. The recovery of the bike is the furthest recorded by tracking company BikeTrac, and saw the firm's stolen vehicle operators working through the night to keep tabs...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 127 days ago (27 March 2014 16:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Good Job Done

I thisnk there is light at the end of the tunnel with this report. UK Police should investigate further to curb all involved not ony in Lithuania but in our shores as well, use these scums as exemple.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Small factoid for you. There are an awful lot of organised criminal gangs in the UK from Europe and many other parts of the world, just as there are indigenous ones. Wherever they come from, they're criminal sh*tbags who cause misery to their victims. In the interests of fairness and equality, any of them who are convicted should have their hands cut off.

Over to you, liberals.

Reply to this Topic
PeteDuke

Jul 12

PeteDuke says:

Not long ago was looking at some Ducati parts on e-bay. Suspicious me, stopped me buying anything from the sellers who was in Lithuania and Latvia...

Reply to this Topic
PeteDuke

Jul 12

PeteDuke says:

I have just had an after thought.. My local paper ran a story on a Ducati Senna stolen from a garage at Burton Pidsea Nr Hull sometime early this month. Wondering if.......

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

rogerborg

I think the terms for tracker systems also includes returning the vehicle to it's owner so they'll likely foot the bill.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Let's find out.

30 seconds of Googling later.

Recovery of a stolen motorcycle (or other asset with Bike Trac fitted) is not currently part of the service provided. No liability will be accepted by Road Angel Group to recover a stolen or lost motorcycle or asset, nor will Road Angel Group be liable to reimburse the owner should their bike not be recovered, or if it is damaged.

So it'll be a claim against the insurer.  The owner will get hammered on his policies for 5 years, and God knows if or when he'll actually get the bike back, or in what condition.

Yes to chopping off hands, mind.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

UKIP

More reasons to vote UK Independence Party (UKIP, Nigel Farage to stop scum bags going in and out  nilly willy in to My country ,,,

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

travel

Do these traffickers even consider the carbon footprint they generate?

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

rogerborg - your 1st comment is spot on.  Would be great to get a little investigative journalism on the aftermath and what the outcome was. Can't imagine the bike is totally damage free etc.

I export bikes from the UK to Finland. I load 3 bikes on my pick up truck (so in full view) and whether sailing out of Dover,  Harwich, Immingham or Newcastle I have NEVER been questioned by border control. 
But I have been stopped in Holland,  Germany and Sweden many times and had to produce FULL documentation for each vehicle. The police found it suspicious - quite rightly. 
On a side note - only once did border control check my contents when leaving the UK.  This was when I was also towing a caravan.  They were checking for stowaways - making sure I wasn't taking illegal immigrants OUT of the country !! Sad but true. 

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

no good scum

Totally agree with rogerborg and billysollocks, but i have to ask why stop at their hands. These people are of no use to society, and no longer need to breathe if you ask me, that goes for home grown and foreign scum alike. Even if they were caught they would only get 6 to 12 months, thats if they dont skip bail never to be seen again

The worst of it is that the owner will pay dearly again and again for his misfortune to live in a spineless country full of lilly livered yellow bellied liberal euro loving politicians

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices