Skip to content

Discuss This MCN at new Ducati Diavel launch today First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MCN at new Ducati Diavel launch today

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

MCN at new Ducati Diavel launch today

MCN is at the world launch of the second-generation Ducati Diavel in the south of France today. Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves will be riding the revised sports cruiser, which features Ducati’s new 1198cc Dual Spark Testastretta 11° V-twin engine, first seen in the updated Multistrada last year. Ducati says it’s smoother and gruntier than before, making the same...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 239 days ago (28 March 2014 09:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Good but not that good

The Diavel is a quality piece of kit with more grunt than a tree stump puller. Just too expensive at £17k for a naked cruiser. Hey, even the pipe upgrade is £2,700. That is nuts money.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

This bike is not expensive to some people and to others it is so ride what you can afford and enjoy,the main thing I dislike about the Diavel is that when you look down when sat on it ,it looks like an upside down bath tub.

Reply to this Topic
RideTheLightening

Aug 12

Expensive

Hi All I rode the Diavel when it first came out.... it really impresses   very very fast... brakes are incredible and it is very comfortable to ride... i rode it for 1 and a half hours... great at low speeds... smooth engine... great design..unfortunately  due to the very poor customer experience i recieved from an uninterested Ducati i cancelled my order after a 5 month wait when the factory couldnt be bothered to give me a delivery date.  they were too busy selling them to the US market...  I personally think the bike is priced to sell to very well heeled individuals now.. (im not) and its a premium brand who can charge what they like... the new bike is no doubt as good as the old one to ride.. they already had the engine..from the Multi  so no new development costs there...just a styling excercise r... as much fun can be had for almost half the money on a super naked like the new BMW.. and £3500 for the Termi exhaust?? come on... there's no wichcraft in it... its a  hollow PIPE with a baffle!!!  I think the price should come down by at least £3000 before i would ver consider one... but i suppose they need the money to compete in MotoGP...  there.. like here.. i dont think they are winning... merely taking part.. and looking good doing it... good luck Cal

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Its a shame you didnt get the bike that it would appear you really wanted.

As for Ducati, ive had an S2R 1000 for 4 years, buying the bike when it had just over 4000 on the clock. I was encouraged back then in a local (uk) forum to go for the s2r due to the DS engine which was described as one fo the best they made, especially from a reliability perspective. 

How glad i am that I took the advice. Iv ridden all the inline jap bikes and Honda especially make some gems, fireblade etc. However for real everyday riding in the uk and a tour abroad every year, this bike has been a bike apart. Power, comfort, style and low service costs have made this bike a real joy to own. 

Now, at 39,000 miles i still cant find it in me to part with the bike its been that good. 

Ducati have moved on considerably from this bike, theres been numerous new releases of the monster range. Their build quality is unquestionable as is the relaibility of the engines and lets face it these guys know how to make a bike.

As for moto gp, its a matter of time before they begin to compete 'effectively'. They are behind at the moment theres no doubt about that but dont forget what Casey Stoner said 'after' he had left Ducati for Honda, in that the desmo is the most powerful bike on the grid. I believe that is still the case, the problem is managing that power with the steering and geometry of the bike.

With over 20 years success in WSBK, Ducati with the Panigale will also come good, at the time of writing I think Giugliano and Chaz Davies have hit a one two on jerez testing this week.

What ever it is with the gp bike, it will get sorted and once it does, it might be difficult to stop it which in turn will bring the best riders.

Unfortunately Cal isnt champion material and im very surprised Ducati offered him a seat. Hes a very lucky man indeed. Hes already binned the bike numerous times and there will be more to come. 

I personally see Bradl on a ducati within the next three years.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Still an over-priced fugly bike IMO.

Reply to this Topic
IronAss

Apr 14

IronAss says:

Zzzzzzz

Ugly . . . not fun to ride and too damn expensive!

Reply to this Topic
reddyno

Mar 14

reddyno says:

Ground clearance

Nice engine, great handling-just remember to remove your right foot or you will grind it away on every righthander!

You can try dropping your foot back so just your toes are on the peg-only to find someone has left an exhaust in the way.

Almost worth the money for the exhaust note though!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices