Skip to content

General Today in the Lakes... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Today in the Lakes...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Today in the Lakes...

had a blast with two mates to a café in Broughton in Furness, (google maps!), then they went home and I went on to Coniston and down to the Windermere ferry, £1.60 for a nice 5 mins sail. Here's the view whilst I was waiting for it to come across.

Attached images:

1. DSC_0109  
  2. DSC_0110  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 122 days ago (30 March 2014 19:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hi Steve....

have you ever ridden the "HardSnot Pass"....... I did it last year on my "Trusty Rusty Busa"....... Think it was Babyblade that said I might have to "put my feet down".....well that was a bloody Understatement.................. reckon you could do it easy on your triumph ..... with such a Low Seat.....!!!!! :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Yep, done it...

or brown trouser pass as we refer to it sometimes. Been over it a few times myself. A tip is to start ascending when you can see there is nothing coming down, if possible and try not to stop on the corners, as you will know after doing it. If you are going down, give way to people coming up. First time I went over it, I had a girlfriend on the back and stalled the bike at one point, not a good place to practice hill starts, especially near corners. An old guy I used to know reckoned that before it was tarmacked (bet that was fun!) it was used as an observed trials section!!! I can believe that. The only other road I know of as steep is the road going down into Robin Hoods bay on the Yorkshire coast. Mrs H might know that one.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Hill starts are easy,

once you learn to hold the bike with the rear brake instead of the front.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Robin Hoods Bay...

Dont mind the steep road,just hate the cobbles...Thats the reason i don't like stopping at Thirsk.. Freaking Cobbles..:mad::wacko: 

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Hardknott Pass

BB may have said something, but I certainly put down the challenge to ride it 'without putting your feet down'!

:shock:

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Never had to...

put my feet down on Hardknot, its stopping you want to avoid as setting off again is easier said than done. We all know about holding the back brake Piglet, but that might not be enough on there!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Sorry Ninja........

I knew that someone of the fairer sex said it......... twas certainly a challenge......... there aint no way I would have made a couple of those turns on my busa without touching down and reversing......... bloody hell was it fun though.....going to give it another go on my MT later this year....still don't think I'll do it though......:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

SNS

Seriously - you've never put your foot down there?

Wow

Or did you manage to find a day when it wasn't full of tourists stopping to admire the view on every corner!! :blink:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ninja.....that's what I thought

but...he does ride an off roader........ probably went......off road on the worst bends.........:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Grass Tracking

That'll be how he did it.

For every oncoming car, he simply rode around it, rather than stopping!!

(Or over it :shock:)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices