Skip to content

Discuss This Factory bike a must for Scott Redding in 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory bike a must for Scott Redding in 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory bike a must for Scott Redding in 2015

Scott Redding must be on a prototype Honda RC213V machine in 2015 to show off his full potential in the MotoGP world championship. That’s the view of his personal manager Michael Bartholemy, who came close to guiding the 21-year-old Briton to the 2013 Moto2 world title in the Belgian-based Marc VDS Racing squad. Redding is spending his debut MotoGP season on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 118 days ago (02 April 2014 10:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

This article

is retarded.  A factory bike is a must for everyone, not just Scott.

"And crucially he was able to defeat 2006 world champion Nicky Hayden, who is also riding the new RCV1000R."

"Crucially"?  He beat NIcky by how small of a margin?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Alwight Geeza...

It's only been one race lad... calm yourself down and stop acting so loose.  Just because you talk like a footballer.  I for one would love to see you on a proddy Honda.  Spank Nicky hayden and show your back wheel to fellow 35 and eye talian 04, and you could be seeing something interesting on your Winnebago table come mid-season.  Hey - some one has to replace Dani Pedola in 2016 right? (after he wins the title this year).. it's not incredulous to think blotting ink will dry into a signature that says right leg swung over a proddy hondy 2016.  Stranger things have happened.  Watch bradders, he'll make ginger ninjas everywhere wish they'd got themselves down the gymnasium.  Ah... what do I know? 

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

We could have a future Btitish MotoGP World Champion in Scott. Is he still the youngest ever GP winner? What a CV! 

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

As with most things consitency will be the key for Redding if he wants to get on a Factory bike. Both Bautista and Bradl are incredibly fast and can be podium threats but both are let down by a lack of consistency. If Redding can prove himself to be consistent taking the maximum points his setup and bike will allow at each event this should translate into a decent points haul by the end of the season andl be more attractive to Honda than Bautisa's win it or bin it style. Personally I think both British young guns Redding and Smith seem to have fairly level heads on their shoulders both seem willing to get their heads down and do the graft to understand the job they need to do

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Ain't Nothin

Ok it was a small margin but wouldn't you agree for a Rookie to come out in his first race and beat a world champ on the same machinery is pretty impressive? especially as Hayden was mixing it with Dovi all last season who also isn't exactly a slouch. 

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Diceman23

I agree it was a good ride.  I was constipated and grouchy and for some reason the word "crucially" pissed me off (the Dyson vacuum cleaner commerical guy uses the same word), and I'm a Nicky fan.

It will be a good yardstick however to watch those two in coming races.

Reply to this Topic
Fixy

Apr 14

Fixy says:

Scott reddin

Scott Will never get a full factory ride because of his weight, unless they change the rules

He could have easily won the moto 2 title if he was they weight of Espagro. So unless we can get a rider weighing under 55kgs we don't have a chance

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Scott will get a factory ride next season. There will be 2 rides up for grabs. Dani will have to go if he doesn't deliver this season, wich he won't. Got a podium, but was never really challeging Rossi and MM. And Bradl? He's a good rider, but is riding out of his league to stay with the real Aliens. HRC will consider Bautista to old to move up to a full factory ride. So Scott has to string top 10 results together on the production bike, and next year he will be fine. It has to happen next season, because Maverick is on the way after he takes the Moto2 title first try. 

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Too early

Ok, Bautista didn't finish the race, but he put in the fastest lap of the race and his testing has been pretty good as well. So it will be interesting to see how his season pans out.

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

not really

I'd pick Iannone over Redding, out of all the riders racing around today Iannone is one of the only riders who raced and beat Marqy Mark more than a few times....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices