Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014

Valentino Rossi’s brilliant victory challenge in the season’s opening MotoGP race in Qatar proves that the Italian is a genuine title contender in 2014, according to Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis. The 35-year-old was a close second to reigning world champion Marc Marquez in an enthralling opening to the 2014 campaign under the Losail International Circuit floodlights in Doha. One of Rossi’s best...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 183 days ago (02 April 2014 10:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

shawno76

Just saying right.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

DeWosi, is the transformation complete?

I reckon you've done it cause you can no longer hide your appreciation of Casey Stoner, something you would NEVER admit to in your previous life. Hahahaha hahaha hahahahaha haha hahahahahaha haha...

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Shawno

Rossi may have experience and one of the best packages, but according to the OPB he is way over the hill and hasn't a chance of winning, but WTF do they know.  I think it is just a ploy by them to try and convince themselves that Rossi can't win, because they know if he wins they wouldn't be able to show their face again.  Nerves have already crept in as they realise that Rossi's testing has gone well and in the first race was only a fraction of a second behind MM, who is many peoples favourite to win the WC again.        It's laughable to watch them squirm.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

shawno is spot on.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

one swallow

doesn't mean its summer,there were a few on the deck remember

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Gassy...

..they were ALL beaten by a rookie. What's your point?..

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Talk to me, Goose.

Last year Rossi was a dismal failure at being Lorenzo's wingman, with Qatar and Assen being the only rounds where he helped Jorge at all.  He basically battled for fourth place in the championship against Cal's satellite Yamaha.

So far this year (we've only had one race folks), he kept Marky Marc honest and actually took points off Dani  -  a good result on the face of it.

But I think he has yet to regain full alien status, and barring injury to Jorge and Marky .... I predict he will battle with Dani for third place in the championship.  Note I said "predict", because past performance is no guarantee of future results.  [But I know for a fact that somewhere in France, a village has lost its idiot]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The significance of the look

davefinnerty was that for most of last year VR appeared to accept that he wasn't going to win the title. At the post race interviews in Qatar the "look" suggested to ME that VR was not accepting of second place to MM. Thats all my post implies. Nothing more.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Smackbum

Granted there has been only one result but, despite the same second spot as last year at Qatar, the nature was different: Rossi's pace from start to finish was very strong, as opposed to last year where the M1 didn't work for him until the second half of the race by which time JL had vanished into the distance. This time around he led for several laps and pushed the winner of the race right up to the finishing line.

As I have said before, his winter testing form has been ominous and I predict he'll do better than battle Dani for third but we shall see....

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Even as a Rossi fan

I cant see him winning. Contender? Of course. Faster than JL and MM consistently throughout the year? No. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices