Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014

Valentino Rossi’s brilliant victory challenge in the season’s opening MotoGP race in Qatar proves that the Italian is a genuine title contender in 2014, according to Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis. The 35-year-old was a close second to reigning world champion Marc Marquez in an enthralling opening to the 2014 campaign under the Losail International Circuit floodlights in Doha. One of Rossi’s best...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 113 days ago (02 April 2014 10:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

I have no favorites and no axes to grind.  A 21 yr old strapping young man can heal a broken leg in 6 weeks.  VR put 100% out and rode a great race.  He made Pedro look sad. MM was toying with them all. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

gwcrim

Be careful lyou walk in trolls territory, they won't like what you write if it counterdict their disneylandish stories and fuzzy comprehension of physics, mechanical and historical realities.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

JehovahsWitness

Pretty obvious that Rossi development sense (qualified of outstandin by Yamaha themselves) my have had some serious weight, Crutchlow is not shining in ths area is he?

And NO Jarvis was proven wrong, whatever way you want to put it, Rossi still won in Assen, same when Spies won, they both were faster there than Lorenzo even during qualification.

Rossi have been consistantly faster during tests at Sepang, the only ones where lap times were really comparible.

As i already pointed out, his 19th race lap was faster than Lorenzo's warm up times after he spent qualifying focusing on race settyings and pace instead of grid position, last year Lorenzo race lap times were lower thasn that of Marquez.

Last year Rossi finished way off the first, six second behind, while this year he was on Marquez wheel starting from 10th on the grid.

I think the stories are different here, even so Quatar is still a track that suits Yamaha and not Rossi only.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Gassy, who will be in front come end of season?..

..Rossi or Lorenzo?

Reply to this Topic
666ghostrider666

Aug 12

Rossi, I guarantee it, and why not, he's been written of before and proved the doubters wrong

09 Lorenzo was apparently going to dominate, ha rossi at him for breakfast

And he can win the title this year, after that well I'm not as confident

This year or bust

But bust is still finishing as the greatest rider for 20 plus years, since Agostini

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CHRainmaker

I don't know. It depends on too many factors for me to tell you that, all i can tell you is what i always said, Rossi will be closer to the front guys than he was last year because the M1 chassis has changed to assess his requests.

To me the guy to beat is Marquez, Lorenzo needs to get one step above his own game to beat him to the championship if he stays in one piece, Marquez is the fastest guy out there like Stoner in his good years and very much for the same reasons.

Rossi is a technician as well, if Yamaha have done enough to allow him to set his bike the way he likes it at most tracks, he will be consistantly fast, next W-E race will tell us a little bit more about it.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Fair enough.

..can't argue with that.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The night is long

Here's some bed-time reading

http://superbikeplanet.com/2014/Apr/140401spiescomeback.htm

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

saturn392

I don't know, it was posted April Fool's day...

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Jarvis's doubt about Rossi is no big deal, after the Ducati episode most people had doubts about him. Jarvis has seen Rossi get better over the 2013 season and turn in good testing results through the winter, so it is no surprise that he could of changed his opinion about Rossi.

As with MM toying with the others, I am still of the opinion that Rossi didn't go all out on that last lap......MM doesn't like being overtaken and will go all out to retake the lead, which no doubt is a good thing.  But being so young, he thinks he is invincible and believes he will always come off better.  I believe Rossi had this in the back of his mind and seeing as it was the first race and he was going to gain valuble points over JL (who made a rare mistake), why risk being taken out.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices