Skip to content

Discuss This BMW S1000F: Have your say New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW S1000F: Have your say

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW S1000F: Have your say

BMW's new S1000-based adventure sports bike has been spied testing in Germany and appears to be finished in terms of styling. So what do you think - do we need an inline four adventure sports bike? Or are you just happy to see Banana Man still has work?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 171 days ago (03 April 2014 09:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Price

A lot will depend upon the final price but it will sure be some machine when released.

Reply to this Topic
DJExplorerXC

Apr 14

DJExplorerXC says:

What exactly is the point? BMW have already got a highly rated adventure bike in the GS a Superbike weapon in the S1000RR as well as their new naked take on the RR! 

Reply to this Topic
Badgerbanger

Dec 10

Badgerbanger says:

Why

Yup..I'm firmly in the WHY? group.

They have a fast adventure (road bike, let's be honest) GS

They already have a fast naked based on the S1000RR.

This thing just seems...pointless.

Reply to this Topic
philthewindsurfer

Aug 02

Sports Tourer not Adventure?

Why all the 'Adventure' comments? Its an allround sports tourer derived from a litre race rep bike,  like the Yamaha Fazer isn't it?

Reply to this Topic
europeben

Apr 12

europeben says:

I think it's perfect. I don't want a full-on adventure tourer, a don't want a full-on race bike. I want a road bike that's devastatingly quick yet comfortable because I can sit upright, take my girlfriend and luggage with me. But when all the "extra weight" is left at the hotel/campsite, I have a very good track weapon. As an upgrade from my Fazer, this would be spot-on.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

unrestricted i hope, why are some bikes restricted to 135 mph anyway , wtf is the point of having a restricted motorbike that can only do like 135 mph.  Yes, i want one and I hate inline 4's, if they get it right, it will demolish everything.   

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

With Ducati eating their market share in sport touring segment (let's face it the Multistrada is not adventure bike) and KTM eating their market share in adventure, BMW takes on direct fight wit Multistrada. The engine is as powerful and tourqey as the Multistrada, and BMW can make the new bike strictly sport without worry that of losing off road capability. Makes perfect sense I would defiantly test ride one of those as valid alternative to my Multistrada. 

Reply to this Topic
bigbull

Jun 09

bigbull says:

I want one

I want one defo. I have had my Fazer FZ1s for 6 years now and this would replace it nicely. The FZ1n has been replaced by BMW's new naked version of its 1000RR and its lovely. But I prefer the look of this one its more like my Fazer FZ1s offering a bit more protection from the elements etc. Bring it on BMW well done you for giving us the same options as the Jap manufacturers have.

Reply to this Topic
bigbull

Jun 09

bigbull says:

I want one

I want one defo. I have had my Fazer FZ1s for 6 years now and this would replace it nicely. The FZ1n has been replaced by BMW's new naked version of its 1000RR and its lovely. But I prefer the look of this one its more like my Fazer FZ1s offering a bit more protection from the elements etc. Bring it on BMW well done you for giving us the same options as the Jap manufacturers have.

Reply to this Topic
lenb

Jun 03

lenb says:

Adventure tourer.

We already have a four cylinder adventure tourer remember the Versys 1000. I know this will be more powerful etc. If my experience is anything to go by the BM will be a LOT more expensive and less reliable than the Versys 1000. Everone to their own I lusted after a Beemer for years have had 4, butno more.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices