You are in... Forums > General > General > A2 License

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

duke9000

Apr 14

duke9000 says:

A2 License

Hello! Apologies if you get this all the time, I had a search but can't find much.

I want to do my A2. I'll be obviously restricted to 35kw/47bhp once I pass.

Question is, what (fairly) sporty 4-600's can I get with that power, if any? Currently on a duke 125 so anything would be an upgrade... 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 182 days ago (03 April 2014 20:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

or

you could buy any bike you fancy & have it restricted to 47 bhp , then when your restriction is over , get the restrictor removed & off ya go on a full power bike that you know

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

New...

KTM 390 Duke or Kawasaki 300 Ninja....light weight, fun and don't need restricting.

Secondhand Restricted Suzuki SV 650, Kawasaki ER6, Suzuki Bandit 650, Honda 600 Hornet to name but a few.

Reply to this Topic
duke9000

Apr 14

duke9000 says:

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

I have considered a restriction too, but a) how costly/easy is it to get done and b) if it was restricted to say 50% of bhp, it is genuinely "50% less" acceleration? Probably a dumb question but yeah.. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ermmm...... if you take three

plugs off a Busa..........you might  be able to ride one....... be careful though.............

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Not Every Bike

Is elegible for restriction, most modern 600's are now too powerful to be restricted.
Whatever bike you choose to restrict cannot have a manufacturers claimed bhp higher than 96bhp!
Reducing the horsepower isn't going to be noticeable to you as it'll still have more than you're used to!

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Preunit's

got the list that I'd have given you. Cynic is right about bike selection - you can't have a bike that started with double the 47bhp before restriction - so most 600s are out.

The Duke 390 looks like a good 'un to me. You haven't set a budget though - the Ninja 300 (or upcoming R3) are the sort of spiritual successors to CBR400s, GPX250s and the like; and make very good 2nd bikes (as in your second bike, not a winter hack).

Left field option is a DZR400SM - I'd check with the masses on here, but a well liked bike, should be A2 compliant, and will be 'enough' after a 125.

The MT-07 might be worth a look too if you've budget for new*.

*dont forget insurance costs, can give an unexpected amount of zeros on your first bigger-than-125 premium

Reply to this Topic
duke9000

Apr 14

duke9000 says:

Ninja

Ok I definitely think unrestricted smaller bike is the way to go having read more into it and talked to some people. Main reason is insurance cost though, but also I think it will just annoy me knowing I have a restricted bike.

Budget can stretch, all depends on how nice the bike is! 

So far I am edging towards the Ninja 300. RC390 would also be nice but I've had plenty of problems with my Duke - which I bought new - so it's off putting. 

Insurance-wise I'm sure to get bummed regardless of what I go for. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices