Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

Nicky Hayden’s Aspar squad has conceded that its underpowererd new production Honda RCV1000R is unlikely to receive a motor upgrade until the fourth race of 2014 at the earliest. A lack of acceleration and top speed was quickly identified as a big weakness of the new RCV1000R, which is Honda’s entry in the new Open category, designed specifically to bolster grid...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 233 days ago (04 April 2014 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stuck with the rudderless ship that is Aprilia Benny?

Of course the proddie Honda was 18 seconds faster over total elapsed race time in comparison the the fastest ART 2013. Race winner & 'control' MM was a fraction slower than 2013 winner JL.

The proddie Honda appears to have done it's job of killing the ART admirably. Of course since the conception of the RCV1000R Carmelo has implemented half a dozen rule changes. That siad the puny tank is unforgivable.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Control

Sounds like Honda have played a blinder again. Get control of your threatening opponents, sell them all the "Honda were great" marketing hype, get your £2m and then give them a pup.

Nothing changes in the plan for Honda making MotoGP a one horse pony.

I am sure I read in pre season that the 1000R was going to be a rocket ship contender. Clearly something has happened to quash the early promise.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

PBR rider Laverty..

was 2 seconds faster at Qatar this year than 2013.

Laverty had a stop-go penalty that cost him 25 seconds.

Extrapolate that improvement to the fastest ART in 2013, and it would have beaten both the RCVR's this year - and that's without the pneumatic valves and seamless box Aspar were rumoured to be getting for their ART bikes 2014.

Nostrodumbarse thinks it's admirable that Honda have managed to kill off the competition?

This is the type of attitude all brainwashed Honda fanboys have - unable to think for themselves, masquerading as genuine fans.

Like HRC boss, Boofhead Nakamoto, such imposters are suckled on the orange teat from birth..indoctrinated.  Not interested in fair competition or the sport. No intention of considering what proper fans who shell out hard earned think.

Bulto will be along in a minute to back up his bum chum..trying to defend the idefensible.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well there's a quintessential Wosi 'stat'

Laverty was a giant 1 minute 32 seconds behin MM. Laverty's best race time was a 1:58.4. Espargaro's from 2013 on the ART was a 1:57.8.

Admirably from the perspective of HRC, not me personally angry one. I'm all for more marques competing in MotoGP. You seem to be under some perverse misapprehension that I'm some 'Honda over all others' nutter. I agree with Bob in that their sterile road bikes do nothing for me. I like the underdog Wosi (although Jehovah forbid having you under me) so in MotoGP it's Ducati for me.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You brought the stats..

I merely compared like for like, pointing out that the PBR bike has improved over race distance this year, then quite reasonably applied that improvement to the fastest ART last year ..now you're twisting and turning like Chubby Checker, comparing fast laps?

We've all seen you defend HRC like a good little apologist, over the lies that conned lilly-livered team bosses like Martinez.

Apparently, your first bike was a Honda. You rode all the way to Europe on one?

Break you in half and it's like an orange stick of seaside rock with 'HRC' stamped right the way through.

From the perspective of HRC my hairy ring..

Invertebrate..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Jeez pick a bl00dy calculator up Wosi

So Laverty was a minute 32 secs behind whilst losing (by your reckoning, but let's go with it) 25 secs. So that's 1 minute 7 seconds behind race winner Marquez. Lat year Aleix was 50 seconds behind race winner Lorenzo in a quicker race. How's that progress in your eyes?

Only owned three Honda's in my life. CB125 twin - a wee gem. NX650 Dominator that never missed a beat travelling from Germany to NZ through 20 countries over 60,000km in 13 months, and a bl00dy CB900 hack that threw a leg out of bed and self imollated herself - ha, ha.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh I see Benny

Actual times are irrelevant and get trumped by unsubstantiated personal assertions like a machine that is barely as quick as last year's ART.

Surely you're not as dumb as Wosi as to pin everything on the 0.3 second line?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I think

the 0.3 second line is crucial in the deception along with employing a high-profile name to test it ... 

Having said that the RCV1000R is running under open rules and therefore will be developing and improving through the season. HRC might not be in any hurry but upgrades will be forthcoming and by the end of the season we will see how good (or bad) the proddie is.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The 0.3 line was from a public statement...

..surely no-one in their right mind thinks these teams entered into this agreement on the basis of one public statement?!?!...

..C'mon people, get a grip!

These questions would have been asked and mulled over in private for weeks and possibly months in advance of a deal going through. A multi faceted decision would have been taken based on more than one quote to the press! 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Saint huw

I love it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN